Bow chocks

  • allen.5549
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2009
      We are new owners of a CN 35 hull # 130. We've had her about a month.
      About 4 months ago we had hurricane Ike and the front two bow chocks were torn off the rails. The previous owner located one but could never find the other. I've not been successful in locating the original style. I was wondering if anyone may know of a source? We live in Texas
      and "Liberty Call" is berth in Kemah Texas.

      Thanks,
      Allen
      1976 CN # 130
    • Robert & Sylvia Horvath
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2009
        Re: [campernicholson] Bow chocks Allen,

        I have two – replaced them with hawse “pipes”.

        I will not have access to them until I return to my boat in mid-June. I can email you a photo at that time to make sure they are what you are looking for.
        If interested, send an email to remind me.

        Bob Horvath
        Grace – CN35 #18

        horvath@...

        On 04/05/09 9:25 AM, "allen.5549" <allen.5549@...> wrote:

        We are new owners of a CN 35 hull # 130. We've had her about a month.
        About 4 months ago we had hurricane Ike and the front two bow chocks were torn off the rails. The previous owner located one but could never find the other. I've not been successful in locating the original style. I was wondering if anyone may know of a source? We live in Texas
        and "Liberty Call" is berth in Kemah Texas.

        Thanks,
        Allen
        1976 CN # 130

      • Allen LoCicero
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2009
          Thanks Bob. If I cant find any before prior to June I'll be in touch.

          horvath@mcmaster. ca

          On 04/05/09 9:25 AM, "allen.5549" <allen.5549@yahoo. com> wrote:

          We are new owners of a CN 35 hull # 130. We've had her about a month.
          About 4 months ago we had hurricane Ike and the front two bow chocks were torn off the rails. The previous owner located one but could never find the other. I've not been successful in locating the original style. I was wondering if anyone may know of a source? We live in Texas
          and "Liberty Call" is berth in Kemah Texas.

          Thanks,
          Allen
          1976 CN # 130

        • stephen_lowden
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2009
            Congratulations on your new ownership. I am bringing The List up to date: would you like to tell us the colour of 'L.C's hull? And has the engine been replaced?

            --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Allen LoCicero <allen.5549@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Bob. If I cant find any before prior to June I'll be in touch.
            > Allen
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Allen LoCicero
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2009
              Thank you.
              The tops sides or an off white almost a cream color and the deck is white. The boot strip is black as well as the bottom paint.
              I'm pretty sure the engine is the orginal.
              Anything else that may help you?
              Allen

              Congratulations on your new ownership. I am bringing The List up to date: would you like to tell us the colour of 'L.C's hull? And has the engine been replaced?

              --- In campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com, Allen LoCicero <allen.5549@ ...> wrote:

              > Thanks Bob. If I cant find any before prior to June I'll be in touch.
              > Allen

            • stephen_lowden
              Message 6 of 6 , May 6, 2009
                OK. Thanks. I'll call it 'cream', shall I? Have look at the list when you have a free moment, and let me know if there is anything else I should add.