Re: Autopilot

  • Graham Horne
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 20, 2009
      Hi Simon, Thanks for the photos you uploaded. The detail helps
      greatly in deciding how to install the drive. I will also install in
      the pilot birth on the port side. Thanks for your help. Nice install
      by the way!

      Graham

      --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, simon allard <blue.nava@...>
      wrote:

      > Graham,
      > Yes I do have a buch of digital photos that I think explain what I
      have done pretty well.
      > You would be welcombe to have them if you can send me your email
      address. If you would like to discuss too then let me have a number.
      > Broadly I installed a Raymarine S1 pilot ( stbd locker) with Gyro
      and linear drive. The boat is number 177 from 1979. I also installed
      the linear drive onto a 10inch Bronze Edson Tiller arm as shown in
      their brochure -  allowing another form of steering if quadrant or
      cables failed.
      > If it helps anyone else I would be happy to put these pictures up on
      the site if someone could explain the process.
      > Regards
      > Simon

      hope.RegardsSimonBl ue
      > > > Nava 35/177 Dartmouth, Devon, UK
      > > >
      > > > JOHN LARSON <jsl-sll@ > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Simon, we're installing the same below decks autopilot. How bad a
      > > > job was the Ram installation? There's not much room down there in
      > > > Passport. Which side did you put the ram on? Where did you get
      > > > the tiller for the ram? Here in the USA there aren't many sources
      > > > for them, one that I know of. Any details that might help our
      > > > installation would be much appreciated. JohnS/V PassportCN 35 #85
      > > >
      > > > ----- Original Message ----- From: blue.nava
      > [mailto:blue. nava@] To:
      > > > campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com
      > [mailto:campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com]Sent:
      > > > Friday, October 26, 2007 10:48 AMSubject: [campernicholson]
      > > > Headlining
      > > > Ok, so Blue Nava is out of the water for the winter now.
      > > > Pleasingly, the list of jobs is getting smaller as the years
      > > > roll by.
      > > > Last year saw the very successful fitting of a Raymarine
      > > > Linear Drive
      > > > Type1 Gyro autopilot that totally transformed our cruising.
      > > >
      > > > Regards this winters projects, I have been looking at my
      > > > headlining
      > > > for a few years now with the eye of a fussy man. Although at
      > > > a glance
      > > > the structure is fine, a few corners are starting to drop as
      > > > a result
      > > > of the original plastic track loosing its hold. I have been
      > > > speaking
      > > > with our good friend from C&N Jeremy Lines in the hope of
      > > > sourcing
      > > > the supplier for the plastic track. No luck I am affraid, but
      > > > Jeremy
      > > > does remember the product being called De La Rue Strip.
      > > > Has anyone found a supplier in the UK ?
      > > >
      > > > My feeling is that a total rework of the headlining could
      > > > turn out to
      > > > be a huge job and certainly require some thinking about. My
      > > > hope is
      > > > that replacement of a few key new strips of this plastic
      > > > track will
      > > > prevent further droopage.
      > > > Any thoughts on a supplier would be much appreciated.
      > > > Thank you
      > > > Simon
      > > > Blue Nava 35/177
      > > > Dartmouth, Devon, UK

      > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit Yahoo! For Good
      > [http://uk.promotion s.yahoo.com/ forgood/environm ent.html]
      > > > this month.

    • biroblue
      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 19, 2009