Oct 4 and 5 rendezvous

  • Peter Walzer
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008

      Mid Atlantic Rendezvous Oct. 4 & 5

      I attended the Mid Atlantic rendezvous this past weekend. Three boats were in Oxford MD. On Oct 3. The three boats were:

                  Cubera, 35’, Winston Trevarthen

                  Solon Mhor, 31, Chip and Kip Yost

                  Sundancer, 39, Peter Walzer

      I sailed there on Thursday from the Rhode River . It was a great sail, close hauled into SW winds. I cheated a little in that I motored around the shallow area off Popular Island . Winston got in before me and since it was still windy, he anchored inside town creek. By the time I arrived, winds had died down and it was calm in the anchorage off the beach in Oxford . Chip and Kip came in just before dark and rafted up. Winston rowed out in the beautiful wooden dinghy he built.

      On Saturday, we left Oxford in light winds and motored to Mill Creek North of the Bridge in the Solomons. Some of us tried to sail, some of us knew that there was not enough wind. Mill Creek is a beautiful anchorage, well protected from all directions. We rafted up and enjoyed the lies and true stories. Close to sunset, Discovery showed up and rafted up with us.

                  Discovery, 40’, Tom Stanton and Bill Bock

      We avoided discussion of politics, my cockpit is too small to conduct a worthwhile brawl. I left early Sunday Morning and motored back to Rock Hall in light winds. I arrived just before dark on Sunday.

      Anyone for next year? Anyone for making a Camper Nicholson burgee?

    • solon_mhor
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
        Peter,
        Thank you for that wonderful synopsis. I have some photos that I
        would prefer to send to you, Tom, and Winston off-line, for you three
        then to decide which ones to post. Please send me your email
        addresses to: charles.yost@.... thanks,

        --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Walzer" <pwalzer@...>
        wrote:

        > Mid Atlantic Rendezvous Oct. 4 & 5
        >

        > I attended the Mid Atlantic rendezvous this past weekend. Three
        boats were
        > in Oxford MD. On Oct 3. The three boats were:
        >
        > Cubera, 35', Winston Trevarthen
        >
        > Solon Mhor, 31, Chip and Kip Yost
        >
        > Sundancer, 39, Peter Walzer
        >

        > I sailed there on Thursday from the Rhode River. It was a great
        sail, close
        > hauled into SW winds. I cheated a little in that I motored around
        the
        > shallow area off Popular Island. Winston got in before me and since
        it was
        > still windy, he anchored inside town creek. By the time I arrived,
        winds had
        > died down and it was calm in the anchorage off the beach in Oxford.
        Chip and
        > Kip came in just before dark and rafted up. Winston rowed out in the
        > beautiful wooden dinghy he built.
        >

        > On Saturday, we left Oxford in light winds and motored to Mill
        Creek North
        > of the Bridge in the Solomons. Some of us tried to sail, some of us
        knew
        > that there was not enough wind. Mill Creek is a beautiful
        anchorage, well
        > protected from all directions. We rafted up and enjoyed the lies
        and true
        > stories. Close to sunset, Discovery showed up and rafted up with us.
        >
        > Discovery, 40', Tom Stanton and Bill Bock
        >

        > We avoided discussion of politics, my cockpit is too small to
        conduct a
        > worthwhile brawl. I left early Sunday Morning and motored back to
        Rock Hall
        > in light winds. I arrived just before dark on Sunday.
        >

        > Anyone for next year? Anyone for making a Camper Nicholson burgee?

      • Jeffrey Moorman
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2008
          Hi Gang,

          Well, wouldn't you know it, I plan and look forward to the rendezvous and the economy goes into a tailspin and I cannot get all of the maintenance done on La Bo before the weekend. Sorry to miss you guys, looks like you had a good time.

          Jeff

          Nic 35 LaBoheme
          Annapolis