Re: Auto pilot

  • Denece &/or Bob Vincent
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 1998
      Chris,
      We've got the Autohelm Vane. The prior owner had it installed when he ordered
      the
      boat. We haven't used it a lot but it does its job well. The only drawbacks are
      that it has a large wetted area to deal with when in confined areas (like
      marinas). On the plus side it is useable as an emergency/auxilliary rudder and
      makes a dandy swim ladder!
      Denece
      Blue Pearl hull #163
    • irvingcolin
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24, 2009
        Hi has anyone fitted the Raymarine SPX-5 Wheel pilot to a nic 35 I am thinking of doing so, thanks Colin
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24, 2009
          I did install an older ST4000 on a late model Nic35. Obviously its not
          quite the same as the latest SPX-5, but I have every reason to believe
          that would work just as well.

          Graham