Re: [campernicholson] Re: Raft up Oct 4-5

  • Jeffrey Moorman
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 19, 2008
      That works for me as well. I will be sailing from Annapolis on Friday... anyone wanna race?

      Jeff Moorman

      LaBoheme Nic 35

    • Peter Walzer
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 23, 2008

        I will plan on being at the “beach” in Oxford on Friday, approximate position 38 42’, 76 10’. My boat name is Sundancer or call me on cell phone 856 217 2118. If wind is strong out of North or NorthEast, LaTrappe Creek is an alternative.

        Have we decided on Mill Creek North of the Bridge for Saturday?

        Peter

        CN39

        href="mailto:gnorbury%40bondcar.com">gnorbury@bondcar. com>
        > To: campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com
        > Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Re: Raft up Oct 4-5
        > Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:54:07 -0400
        >

        > Have a backup plan in case the wind is unfavorable; that beach in
        > Oxford
        (aka "The Strand") can be positively unpleasant with a stiff
        > breeze out of the north or northeast. Better anchorages would be
        > either Trippe Creek (Tred Avon) or La Trappe Creek (Choptank).
        >
        > Graham
        >
        > solon_mhor wrote:
        > >
        > > That works for me and I'll plan my schedule to sail from Solomons to
        > > Oxford
        on Friday, Oct 3 to meet up off the beach. for those of us
        > > who have not been to Oxford ,
        approximate coordinates would be
        > > helpful. Monitor channel 71 or another working channel?
        > > Charles Yost
        > > Solon Mhor
        > > CN30#23
        > > --- In campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com
        > > <mailto:campernicho lson%40yahoogrou ps.com>,
        "Peter Walzer"
        > > <pwalzer@... >
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi All - I suggest the following (weather permitting):
        > > >

        > > > 1. For those interested, rendezvous in
        w:st="on">Oxford Oct 3. Anchor
        > > off the
        > > > beach, outside Town Creek if the weather is ok.
        > > >
        > > > 2. Leave early Sat. Morning Oct 4 for the Mill Creek, north
        > > of the
        > > > highway bridge. Distance is about 35 miles (about 7 hours at 5
        kts)

        > > > 3. Raft up for Sat. dinner and socializing. Use on-board
        > > charcoal
        > > > grill for Hamburg
        and hot dogs. Break raft up for overnight
        > > anchorage.
        > > >
        > > > 4. Sail home on Sunday or sail back to
        w:st="on">Oxford .

        > > > If anyone wants to go by car, I am sure someone with a dinghy
        will
        > > pick them
        > > > up. I assume there is someplace to leave auto and pick up with
        > > dingy. Are we
        > > > talking about 4 or 5 boats with two to 3 people each?
        > > >

        > > > Saturday night dinner in Solomons is also ok.
        > > >

        > > > Peter
        > > >
        > > > CN39
        > > >

        > > > _____
        > > >
        > > > From: campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com
        > > <mailto:campernicho lson%40yahoogrou ps.com>
        > > > [mailto:campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com

        w:st="on">Oxford on Sunday after a

        href="http://mailshield.cosmoweb.net/b.php?c=s&i=150276587&m=6a35692b565e">http://mailshield. cosmoweb. net/b.php? c=s&i=150276587& m=6a35692b565e>
        href="http://mailshield.cosmoweb.net/b.php?c=n&i=150276587&m=6a35692b565e">http://mailshield. cosmoweb. net/b.php? c=n&i=150276587& m=6a35692b565e>
        href="http://mailshield.cosmoweb.net/b.php?c=f&i=150276587&m=6a35692b565e">http://mailshield. cosmoweb. net/b.php? c=f&i=150276587& m=6a35692b565e>

        > > Database: 270.7.0/1679 - Release Date: 9/18/2008 5:03 PM

      • solon_mhor
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 26, 2008
          with a week to go, the 10-day forcast of weather for Oct 3-5 looks to
          be okay. I'll plan to meet up with you, Peter and Jeff, and others
          who come by boat off the "beach" in Oxford on Friday. My cell is 240-
          338-8546 and boat name is Solon Mhor. confirm that LaTrappe Creek is
          alternate overnight location. My preference is to spend Sat in Mill
          Creek north of the bridge.
          Clarke's Landing, at the confluence of Mill Creek and Cuckold Creek,
          has a spot for parking and dock for passenger pickup; choice in
          Solomons would be Harbor Island Marina which is the first marina upon
          entering the area. overnight parking okay and pickup at the fuel dock.
          Chip
          SolonMhor
          CN30#23

          --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Walzer" <pwalzer@...>
          wrote:

          > I will plan on being at the "beach" in Oxford on Friday, approximate
          > position 38 42', 76 10'. My boat name is Sundancer or call me on
          cell phone
          > 856 217 2118. If wind is strong out of North or NorthEast, LaTrappe
          Creek is
          > an alternative.
          >

          > Have we decided on Mill Creek North of the Bridge for Saturday?
          >

          > Peter
          >
          > CN39
          >

          > _____

          Moorman
          > Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 11:27 AM
          > To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Re: Raft up Oct 4-5
          >

          > That works for me as well. I will be sailing from Annapolis on
          Friday...
          > anyone wanna race?
          >
          > Jeff Moorman
          >
          > LaBoheme Nic 35

          Version:

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 26, 2008
            Sounds good, my cell is 202-360-0204. See ya'll in Oxford.

            Jeff
            LaBoheme