Raftup Oct 4-5

  • solon_mhor
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 15 2:25 PM
      The main difference between Mill Creek in Solomons and Mill Cr/Cuckold
      Cr is that the latter Mill Creek (north of the rt 4 bridge) has a
      larger basin for rafting up.

      Here's what we have so far as preferences. Maybe we should have an
      informal poll to choose:

      (1) travel to/stay in Oxford, as a raft or singly;
      (2) travel to/stay in Solomons (choices are either Mill Cr or at the
      mooring balls in Back Cr), as a raft or singly;
      (3) meet up in Oxford and as a group sail to Solomons;
      (4) meet up in Solomons and as a group sail to Oxford;
      (5) another option.

      We have a couple of weeks left but need to start planning. Thanks
      Charles YOst
      Solon Mhor
      CN30, #23
    • Jeffrey Moorman
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 16 7:48 AM
        Hi gang,
        My Vote goes to a rondevous in Solomons proper. Mill Creek should have plenty of room, and we can cruise to Oxford on Sunday after a dinner at one of the fine local spots on Saturday night.

        Jeff Moorman

        LaBoheme Nic 35
        Annapolis

      • Peter Walzer
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 17 11:36 AM

          Hi All – I suggest the following (weather permitting):

          1.       For those interested, rendezvous in Oxford Oct 3. Anchor off the beach, outside Town Creek if the weather is ok.

          2.       Leave early Sat. Morning Oct 4 for the Mill Creek, north of the highway bridge. Distance is about 35 miles (about 7 hours at 5 kts)

          3.       Raft up for Sat. dinner and socializing. Use on-board charcoal grill for Hamburg and hot dogs. Break raft up for overnight anchorage.

          4.       Sail home on Sunday or sail back to Oxford .

          If anyone wants to go by car, I am sure someone with a dinghy will pick them up. I assume there is someplace to leave auto and pick up with dingy. Are we talking about 4 or 5 boats with two to 3 people each?

          Saturday night dinner in Solomons is also ok.

          Peter

          CN39

          My Vote goes to a rondevous in Solomons proper. Mill Creek should have plenty of room, and we can cruise to Oxford on Sunday after a dinner at one of the fine local spots on Saturday night.

          Jeff Moorman

          LaBoheme Nic 35
          Annapolis

          w:st="on">Oxford ;
          > (5) another option.
          >
          > We have a couple of weeks left but need to start planning. Thanks
          > Charles YOst
          > Solon Mhor
          > CN30, #23

        • solon_mhor
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 18 3:15 PM
            That works for me and I'll plan my schedule to sail from Solomons to
            Oxford on Friday, Oct 3 to meet up off the beach. for those of us
            who have not been to Oxford, approximate coordinates would be
            helpful. Monitor channel 71 or another working channel?
            Charles Yost
            Solon Mhor
            CN30#23
            --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Walzer" <pwalzer@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi All - I suggest the following (weather permitting):
            >

            > 1. For those interested, rendezvous in Oxford Oct 3. Anchor
            off the
            > beach, outside Town Creek if the weather is ok.
            >
            > 2. Leave early Sat. Morning Oct 4 for the Mill Creek, north
            of the
            > highway bridge. Distance is about 35 miles (about 7 hours at 5 kts)
            >
            > 3. Raft up for Sat. dinner and socializing. Use on-board
            charcoal
            > grill for Hamburg and hot dogs. Break raft up for overnight
            anchorage.

            > 4. Sail home on Sunday or sail back to Oxford.
            >

            > If anyone wants to go by car, I am sure someone with a dinghy will
            pick them
            > up. I assume there is someplace to leave auto and pick up with
            dingy. Are we
            > talking about 4 or 5 boats with two to 3 people each?
            >

            > Saturday night dinner in Solomons is also ok.
            >

            > Peter
            >
            > CN39
            >

            > _____

            Moorman

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 18 4:54 PM
              Have a backup plan in case the wind is unfavorable;  that beach in Oxford (aka "The Strand") can be positively unpleasant with a stiff breeze out of the north or northeast.  Better anchorages would be either Trippe Creek (Tred Avon) or La Trappe Creek (Choptank).

              Graham

              wrote:

              > Hi All - I suggest the following (weather permitting):
              >

              > 1. For those interested, rendezvous in Oxford Oct 3. Anchor
              off the
              > beach, outside Town Creek if the weather is ok.
              >
              > 2. Leave early Sat. Morning Oct 4 for the Mill Creek, north
              of the
              > highway bridge. Distance is about 35 miles (about 7 hours at 5 kts)
              >
              > 3. Raft up for Sat. dinner and socializing. Use on-board
              charcoal
              > grill for Hamburg and hot dogs. Break raft up for overnight
              anchorage.

              > 4. Sail home on Sunday or sail back to Oxford.
              >

              > If anyone wants to go by car, I am sure someone with a dinghy will
              pick them
              > up. I assume there is someplace to leave auto and pick up with
              dingy. Are we
              > talking about 4 or 5 boats with two to 3 people each?
              >

              > Saturday night dinner in Solomons is also ok.
              >

              > Peter
              >
              > CN39
              >

              > _____

            • Jeffrey Moorman
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 19 9:27 AM
                That works for me as well. I will be sailing from Annapolis on Friday... anyone wanna race?

                Jeff Moorman

                LaBoheme Nic 35

              • Peter Walzer
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 23 3:00 PM

                  I will plan on being at the “beach” in Oxford on Friday, approximate position 38 42’, 76 10’. My boat name is Sundancer or call me on cell phone 856 217 2118. If wind is strong out of North or NorthEast, LaTrappe Creek is an alternative.

                  Have we decided on Mill Creek North of the Bridge for Saturday?

                  Peter

                  CN39

                  href="mailto:gnorbury%40bondcar.com">gnorbury@bondcar. com>
                  > To: campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com
                  > Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Re: Raft up Oct 4-5
                  > Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:54:07 -0400
                  >

                  > Have a backup plan in case the wind is unfavorable; that beach in
                  > Oxford
                  (aka "The Strand") can be positively unpleasant with a stiff
                  > breeze out of the north or northeast. Better anchorages would be
                  > either Trippe Creek (Tred Avon) or La Trappe Creek (Choptank).
                  >
                  > Graham
                  >
                  > solon_mhor wrote:
                  > >
                  > > That works for me and I'll plan my schedule to sail from Solomons to
                  > > Oxford
                  on Friday, Oct 3 to meet up off the beach. for those of us
                  > > who have not been to Oxford ,
                  approximate coordinates would be
                  > > helpful. Monitor channel 71 or another working channel?
                  > > Charles Yost
                  > > Solon Mhor
                  > > CN30#23
                  > > --- In campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com
                  > > <mailto:campernicho lson%40yahoogrou ps.com>,
                  "Peter Walzer"
                  > > <pwalzer@... >
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi All - I suggest the following (weather permitting):
                  > > >

                  > > > 1. For those interested, rendezvous in
                  w:st="on">Oxford Oct 3. Anchor
                  > > off the
                  > > > beach, outside Town Creek if the weather is ok.
                  > > >
                  > > > 2. Leave early Sat. Morning Oct 4 for the Mill Creek, north
                  > > of the
                  > > > highway bridge. Distance is about 35 miles (about 7 hours at 5
                  kts)

                  > > > 3. Raft up for Sat. dinner and socializing. Use on-board
                  > > charcoal
                  > > > grill for Hamburg
                  and hot dogs. Break raft up for overnight
                  > > anchorage.
                  > > >
                  > > > 4. Sail home on Sunday or sail back to
                  w:st="on">Oxford .

                  > > > If anyone wants to go by car, I am sure someone with a dinghy
                  will
                  > > pick them
                  > > > up. I assume there is someplace to leave auto and pick up with
                  > > dingy. Are we
                  > > > talking about 4 or 5 boats with two to 3 people each?
                  > > >

                  > > > Saturday night dinner in Solomons is also ok.
                  > > >

                  > > > Peter
                  > > >
                  > > > CN39
                  > > >

                  > > > _____
                  > > >
                  > > > From: campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com
                  > > <mailto:campernicho lson%40yahoogrou ps.com>
                  > > > [mailto:campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com

                  w:st="on">Oxford on Sunday after a

                  href="http://mailshield.cosmoweb.net/b.php?c=s&i=150276587&m=6a35692b565e">http://mailshield. cosmoweb. net/b.php? c=s&i=150276587& m=6a35692b565e>
                  href="http://mailshield.cosmoweb.net/b.php?c=n&i=150276587&m=6a35692b565e">http://mailshield. cosmoweb. net/b.php? c=n&i=150276587& m=6a35692b565e>
                  href="http://mailshield.cosmoweb.net/b.php?c=f&i=150276587&m=6a35692b565e">http://mailshield. cosmoweb. net/b.php? c=f&i=150276587& m=6a35692b565e>

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 26 12:03 PM
                    with a week to go, the 10-day forcast of weather for Oct 3-5 looks to
                    be okay. I'll plan to meet up with you, Peter and Jeff, and others
                    who come by boat off the "beach" in Oxford on Friday. My cell is 240-
                    338-8546 and boat name is Solon Mhor. confirm that LaTrappe Creek is
                    alternate overnight location. My preference is to spend Sat in Mill
                    Creek north of the bridge.
                    Clarke's Landing, at the confluence of Mill Creek and Cuckold Creek,
                    has a spot for parking and dock for passenger pickup; choice in
                    Solomons would be Harbor Island Marina which is the first marina upon
                    entering the area. overnight parking okay and pickup at the fuel dock.
                    Chip

                    wrote:

                    > I will plan on being at the "beach" in Oxford on Friday, approximate
                    > position 38 42', 76 10'. My boat name is Sundancer or call me on
                    cell phone
                    > 856 217 2118. If wind is strong out of North or NorthEast, LaTrappe
                    Creek is
                    > an alternative.
                    >

                    > Have we decided on Mill Creek North of the Bridge for Saturday?
                    >

                    > Peter
                    >
                    > CN39
                    >

                    > _____

                    Version:

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 26 1:10 PM
                      Sounds good, my cell is 202-360-0204. See ya'll in Oxford.

                      Jeff
                      LaBoheme