Re: Mid Atlantic rendezvous

  • solon_mhor
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2008
      I've just gotten Solon Mhor back into the water (lots of sanding,
      fairing and repair, barrier coat(s), and new bottom paint plus other
      items), so I'm up for water time. Late Sept/Oct or earlier sounds
      like a workable time.

      Solomons has several good anchorages and a host of restaurants and
      hotels (if needed), but I'm willing to travel. Besides the Mill
      Creek in Solomons, there is another Mill Creek that affords a great
      anchor--we had six boats in a raft this past weekend and there were
      another half dozen in the same basin and room for more. This Mill
      Creek is located about 1 mile north of the Route 4 bridge and goes
      off to the south at Clark's Landing (another nice restaurant);
      Cuckold Creek goes off to the north at Clark's Landing.

      Regards, Charles Yost
      --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "O. R. Armstrong"
      <russ.armstrong@...> wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > Late September or early October in the Solomons sounds great to
      me.
      > However, I'd we willing to go anywhere between Solomons and
      Annapolis during
      > that time period if a different location will draw greater numbers.
      Oxford,
      > Maryland? I'm sure there's a number of us that might have more
      flexible
      > schedules. So, anyone whose schedule would *prevent* them from
      attending a
      > particular place or time needs to speak up first.
      >
      > I'm thinking we could get some tee-shirts made, like "Mid-
      Atlantic Nick
      > Fest -- 2008" with maybe the sailplan on the back. That would make
      the New
      > England CN rendezvousers jealous!
      >
      > Russ Armstrong
      >
      > On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Thomas J. Stanton <tstanton@...>
      wrote:

      > > Tom and Russ,
      > >
      > > I believe there several more C&N boats in the Chesapeake, and the
      later in
      > > the September we plan the rendezvous we may have some boats
      coming through
      > > for the Sailboat Show that may be able to join us.
      > >
      > > Once we have a date, lets send a formal invite to people on this
      list and
      > > on the 35 and 31 lists and see how many may be interested.
      > >
      > > I had a boat in Solomons for almost 20 years and I do not know
      where St.
      > > John's Creek is. Mill and Back Creek are near and in town. How
      about one
      > > of those?
      > >
      > > Tom Stanton
      > > CN 40 ac

      Bay,
      > > myself in Deltaville and you at Yankee point? I guess we could
      get a
      > > vote going for a place to meet. I'll vote for Solomons. I think
      its a
      > > little quieter than Annapolis plus everyone gets a day sail
      except the
      > > one nic that is already there. St Johns Creek has some nice
      > > anchorages. There is also a Nic 38 at one of the marinas there
      but I
      > > don't know who owns her.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Tom
      > > s/v Dream
      > > CN35-199
      > >
      > > --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com <campernicholson%
      40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "minnehaha64"
      > > <russ.armstrong@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > So, are we still going to have a "Nick Fest" somewhere on the
      > > > Chesapeake sometime in the last two weeks of September?
      Annapolis or
      > > > Solomons? If it's going to happen, we all need to make it
      happen.
      > > > Tempus fugit. I attended the Nicholson rendezvous up in Maine
      last
      > > > year (sans boat), and it was wonderful great fun. A Mid-
      Atlantic get