almost new owner

  • fgmallak@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 1999
      We are Alicia & gary mallak almost new owners of
      a 1981 nic 35. Almost because we are awaiting surrey results.She is a freshwater boat,blue hull
      300 engine hrs(vw diesel),one owner who has had here on lake erie for 18 years.As soon as i find
      hull # etc. i will post, until than thanks for info you all have shared with questions and answers....most helpfull....later Alicia and gary
    • Denece &/or Bob Vincent
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 1999
        Welcome!
        Isn't it exciting to get a new boat!!
        We couldn't stay away from the survey (got chased off "so I can do what
        you're paying me for" ) but then he went over his findings and showed us
        just what he was talking about and why---a well-spent day.
        The easiest way to find your hull# is to check along the top edge of the
        transom just below the hull deck joint for a small raised area that has a
        code# that translates to the date of manufacture and hull #. We also have a
        small chrome plate on the coaming at the helm with the same info. Are you
        sure this wasn't also on your purchase/offer papers? It goes on the
        preferred ships' mortgage as well (unless you are that rare bird, the Cash
        Buyer ).
        Any way, Hope you get happy news. By the way, you can access the 'back
        issues' of this list and get even more info if you like. It isn't the
        easiest system to use but you can get to it any time you have web access.

        Happy Sails

        Denece