Sailplan Drawings for a Mk.V 35

  • E. Morcillo
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 20, 2008
      Hi all:

      Anybody has the Dr. Noº 61 and/or 62 for the 35?

      I am acually thinking on get a new headsail, but my info is from the first version. (The Genoa no.1 is 145%).

      Thinking on a new No.1 genoa, I would like a really big (since our winds usually are not too hard). Any advice?. Crosscut or radial or triradial?

      I am not too sure about the dimension and the type.

      Thanks to all

      Good winds...

      Kique Morcillo
      35 #194 Defiance.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Denece Vincent
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 20, 2008
        I thought we had posted the owners manual on the site? No?  Rats and our scanner died.
        Anybody else got the manual?

        Sent: 4/20/2008 8:53:32 AM
        Subject: [campernicholson] Sailplan Drawings for a Mk.V 35

        Hi all:

        Anybody has the Dr. No� 61 and/or 62 for the 35?

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 21, 2008
          I have an old copy of the original (first) manual, in bad condition (broken)

          I can try scan it if anybody want  it.

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 22, 2008
            Hello Kique,
            I don't have a scanner, but I do have an original Owners Handbook for
            a 1977 Mk V Nic 35. The following are the measurements for a No 1
            Genoa.
            Luff - 43' 5"
            Leach - 42' 0"
            Foot - 24' 1"
            Area - 493 ft
            Mat'l - 6.5 oz
            Hope this will help.
            Rick
            Nic 35 177 'Wisp'
            _____________

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 23, 2008
              Hello:

              Thanks too much for the measurements.
              They are identicals of the measurements of my manual (first version of Nic35).

              Thanks again.

              Regards,

              Kique Morcillo

              > I don't have a scanner, but I do have an original
              > Owners Handbook for
              > a 1977 Mk V Nic 35. The following are the measurements for
              > a No 1
              > Genoa.
              > Luff - 43' 5"
              > Leach - 42' 0"
              > Foot - 24' 1"
              > Area - 493 ft
              > Mat'l - 6.5 oz
              > Hope this will help.
              > Rick
              > Nic 35 177 'Wisp'
              > _____________
              > > Be a better friend, newshound, and

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
            • Linda Lane Thornton
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 28, 2008
                Hi
                When we needed new sails for our Nic 35 (Coromandel Quest, sail number 66) we went onto the Saturn Sails website, filled in the form and got a new one within about 2 months.  Fine if you're in the UK - if not, there must be other sailmakers who do the same.
                Kind regards
                Linda

                They are identicals of the measurements of my manual (first version of Nic35).

                Thanks again.

                Regards,

                Kique Morcillo

                > I don't have a scanner, but I do have an original
                > Owners Handbook for
                > a 1977 Mk V Nic 35.  The following are the measurements for
                > a No 1
                > Genoa.
                > Luff - 43' 5"
                > Leach - 42' 0"
                > Foot - 24' 1"
                > Area - 493 ft
                > Mat'l - 6.5 oz
                > Hope this will help.
                > Rick
                > Nic 35 177 'Wisp'
                > _____________
                > > Be a better friend, newshound, and
                > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:campernicholson-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:campernicholson-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • O. R. Armstrong
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 28, 2008
                  Hello Group:

                    Our experience was similar to Linda's (Coromandel Quest), except stateside. We contacted Hood Sails in Newport, Rhode Island, and thereafter met with Joe Cooper at the Annapolis Boat Show (Coop is a treat all by himself). He traveled down to the Rappahannock River where the boat was docked to climb the mast and take measurements. Later, I traveled to the Hooper loft in Newport, where Joe had the CN 35 blueprints ready to hand. If you've never visited a loft, by all means do! Yankee's (hull #99, 1974) previous owner had replaced the mast, substituting a 2-1/2 foot taller mast as used in later years. Joe factored that into the plan for the sails. We took delivery of the sails late last spring, but we didn't bend them on until December -- after which events (and Perkins crankshafts) conspired against us, and we have yet to sail with them. Don't ask. But, they fit perfectly and look great!

                    Russ and Betsy Armstrong
                    Yankee

                  On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Linda Lane Thornton <lindalanethornton@...> wrote:

                  Hi
                  When we needed new sails for our Nic 35 (Coromandel Quest, sail number 66) we went onto the Saturn Sails website, filled in the form and got a new one within about 2 months.  Fine if you're in the UK - if not, there must be other sailmakers who do the same.
                  Kind regards
                  Linda

                  They are identicals of the measurements of my manual (first version of Nic35).

                  Thanks again.

                  Regards,

                  Kique Morcillo

                  > I don't have a scanner, but I do have an original
                  > Owners Handbook for
                  > a 1977 Mk V Nic 35.  The following are the measurements for
                  > a No 1
                  > Genoa.
                  > Luff - 43' 5"
                  > Leach - 42' 0"
                  > Foot - 24' 1"
                  > Area - 493 ft
                  > Mat'l - 6.5 oz
                  > Hope this will help.
                  > Rick
                  > Nic 35 177 'Wisp'
                  > _____________
                  > > Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      mailto:campernicholson-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      mailto:campernicholson-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Tom
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 5, 2008
                    I have an owners manual in good shape but I can't recall what sail
                    plans it shows. I will be at the boat next week and will make note to
                    take it home with me. I probably need to scan it just to make a copy
                    for my records and those who made need it. I'm sure the copyrights
                    have expired many years ago. Anyone here versed in copyright laws?. I
                    also have some large drawings with through hull locations and such
                    that I'll try and get scanned.

                    Tom

                    CN35-199 'Dream'

                    --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "E. Morcillo"
                    <enriquemorcillo@...> wrote:

                    > Hi all:
                    >
                    > Anybody has the Dr. No� 61 and/or 62 for the 35?
                    >
                    > I am acually thinking on get a new headsail, but my info is from the
                    first version. (The Genoa no.1 is 145%).

                    > Thinking on a new No.1 genoa, I would like a really big (since our
                    winds usually are not too hard). Any advice?. Crosscut or radial or
                    triradial?

                    > I am not too sure about the dimension and the type.
                    >
                    > Thanks to all
                    >
                    > Good winds...
                    >
                    > Kique Morcillo
                    > 35 #194 Defiance.

                    > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                  • JIM TEIPEN
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 6, 2008
                      Tom,A good way to make the owners manual accessible to everyone might be to scan it and put a .pdf file on this group in the Files section. Anyone that wants it can download it from there. I noticed there are some specifications there now but no manuals. Jim CN35 - AlegriaTo: campernicholson@yahoogroups.comFrom: tom1us2001a@...: Tue, 6 May 2008 01:27:45 +0000Subject: [campernicholson] Re: Sailplan Drawings for a Mk.V 35

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 23, 2008
                        Hi All,

                        I have uploaded a few files that some may find useful. They are under
                        the Files section in the 'Nicholson 35' folder. Turns out my owners
                        manual is one of the older versions or maybe its one of the only
                        version?? There is three pages missing from the uploaded owners manual
                        due to them being too large for my scanner. I'll see what I can do
                        about getting them scanned.

                        Cheers,

                        Tom
                        CN35 - Dream

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 25, 2008
                          Tom, How do I access the Nicholson 35 folder?  I'm new to Yahoo.
                          Cheers
                          Linda (Nic 66, Coromandel Quest)

                          Message 12 of 12 , May 25, 2008
                            Linda,

                            there should be a "files" tab on the left of your screen you can use
                            or try this link   "Nicholson 35"

                            You'll need to be logged in to get into the files section.

                            Regards,

                            Tom
                            CN35 199 - Dream