Re: [campernicholson] Greetings!

  • Ansley W. Sawyer
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 26 2:34 PM
      John,

      Yes we would love to get together this summer. We will be on the boat the second week of August.

      Ansley
    • john.gall@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 26 3:05 PM
        Temperature just hit 50 in Boston today!

        Our plans are to do a counterclockwise trip around Penobscot bay, starting on/about July 19 and returning to Massachusetts waters August 8 or so. Highlights will be:

        Port Clyde
        SealBay/Winter Harbor in Vinalhaven,
        Isle au Haut,
        Merchants Row,
        Bucks Harbor,
        Holbrook Harbor ( Castine ) - thanks Ansley for that one !
        Belfast,
        Dark Harbor
        Pulpit Harbor ?
        Perry Creek ?
        Rockland,
        Tenants,
        Maple Juice Cove and home.

        More or less.

        John and Gail
      • Stephen Perry
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 26 3:11 PM
          Bruce,

          Also wanted to mention that there is a Nic 32 in Oyster Bay, "Moon Mist" sailed by John Cammarotta. Not sure if John is a member of this online group.

          Steve
          ________________________________
          > To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
          > From: phrf201@...
          > Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:55:18 -0500
          > Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Greetings!
          >

          > Hi Bruce. We have CN35 #80 (Levity) and sail out of Mamaroneck, frequenting City Island during the sailing season. We'll keep an eye out for you this year (we'll be in a Pearson 28 as Levity is on the hard for an extensive restoration).
          > Steve.

          Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes.
          http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V3
        • William E. Roesner
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 26 3:28 PM
            Hi Ansley,
            Robinhood Marine Center puts on a regular Wednesday night lecture
            series thru the summer, and I volunteered for the 20th of August. It's
            in the early evening ( I suppose after it gets dark enough to project
            photos) but I'm not sure as to the exact time as yet. They are open to
            the general public and usually take place in Robinhoods' library.
            Please feel free, if you haven't heard enough already, to attend. I'd
            love to show and tell, although I'm not much of a public speaker.
            Do you have any sailing plans for the summer yet? We should get
            together again.
            Cheers,
            Bill

            On Mar 26, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Ansley W. Sawyer wrote:

            > Bill,
            >
            > I would like to hear more about your talk in August. Where, when,
            > who's invited?
            >
            > Ansley

          • Ansley W. Sawyer
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 26 4:42 PM
              Bill,

              I will look forward to hear your discussion of your adventures.

              We will be aboard for weekends, two weeks the end of June and first week of July, and then the second week of August. We would love to get together with all of you again.

              I was just down to the boat and saw our new windlass which is fashioned after the one that Blueprint got in Great Britain. We thank you for that.

              Ansley
            • Vitalius, Bob
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 26 5:29 PM

                Bill,

                Keep me posted on the slide lecture. I would love to see/hear it.

                Good chance Maryanne and I can do Tenants.

                Bob

                Blythe Spirit

                CN31

                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 31 9:18 AM
                  Welcome Beatnic!
                  Congradulations on being owned by a Nic 33...I'm
                  wishing your experience is as rewarding as mine. I
                  keep "Time...", Nic 33 hull number 19, on the Saint
                  Johns River near Palatka, Florida (US). My pictures
                  are at www.freewebs.com/burnhad
                  I repowered her broken Yanmar single cylinder diesel
                  with a Yanmar two cylinder diesel and have enjoyed
                  worryless motoring since the first launching:^)
                  We took her to Charleston Race Week last year in April
                  and managed 3rd in class amoung 12 boats. We
                  considered that a decent accomplishment with our dated
                  dacron roller furling sails up against the new
                  laminated sails sported by our competition.
                  We didn't take her back to Florida until October of
                  2007 and enjoyed a nice leasurely cruise along the
                  coast of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
                  David Burnham
                  C&N 33 #19

                  --- Steveandjuliewood
                  <steveandjuliewood@...> wrote:

                  > Hi All,
                  >
                  > I bought a Nic 33 last weekend, "Beatnic".
                  >
                  > I sail out of Whitby, UK.
                  >

                  > Fantastic boat !
                  >

                  > Steve Wood
                  >
                  > Mob:- 07718 582900
                  >
                  > _____

                • David Burnham
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 31 9:22 AM
                    We are hoping you get a chance to post a photo of
                    Beatnic and crew...
                    David

                    --- Steveandjuliewood
                    <steveandjuliewood@...> wrote:

                    > Yes, occasionally. My crew are only 2 & 5 year olds
                    > so I will need to find
                    > some more muscle before my first race.
                    >
                    > The boat is quite well know on the south coast and
                    > has won many races. I'm
                    > hoping nobody on the NE coast recognize her !, I
                    > might be in with a chance
                    > then.
                    >

                    > I'm sailing her up from Dover the weekend after
                    > next, very exiting!
                    >

                    > Steve Wood
                    >
                    > Mob:- 07718 582900
                    >
                    > _____

                    OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends:Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t