Greetings!

  • bzenel
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
      Hello fellow CN folk,

      I just found this group and am pretty thrilled. I'm the owner of
      Altair, a CN31 built in 1976, hull #6. I currently keep her moored
      off of City Island, NY, which is at the Western most tip of Long
      Island Sound. She's a rare bird in these parts so it's exciting to
      find a group like this.

      --Bruce.
    • Vitalius, Bob
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008

        Bruce,

        Welcome from another N31. We live with Blythe Spirit in Yarmouth Maine. I have had wonderful help and advice from the other folks in this CN family.

        Bob

        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
          Howdy Bruce,

          I have a CN 39 currently wintering in Mystic. Welcome aboard.
          Rick,
          SV ABISHAG

          bzenel <bzenel@...> wrote:
          Hello fellow CN folk,

          I just found this group and am pretty thrilled. I'm the owner of
          Altair, a CN31 built in 1976, hull #6. I currently keep her moored
          off of City Island, NY, which is at the Western most tip of Long
          Island Sound. She's a rare bird in these parts so it's exciting to
          find a group like this.

          --Bruce.

        • O. R. Armstrong
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
            Hello Bruce,

              I see that another CN 31 and a CN 39 have extended their greetings, so on behalf of the CN 35s on this group, Welcome Aboard. "Yankee" is a 35-footer built in 1974, hull #99. We're currently in Chisman Creek, down near Newport News, VA, the nearest port when the crankshaft on the Perkins 4-108 broke. That certainly set the cruising plans back for a while, but we hope to head south in the fall. If there's another CN reunion in Penobscot Bay in July, with luck, we might see you there.

              Russ and Betsy Armstrong

            On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 7:26 AM, bzenel <bzenel@...> wrote:

            Hello fellow CN folk,

            I just found this group and am pretty thrilled. I'm the owner of
            Altair, a CN31 built in 1976, hull #6. I currently keep her moored
            off of City Island, NY, which is at the Western most tip of Long
            Island Sound. She's a rare bird in these parts so it's exciting to
            find a group like this.

            --Bruce.

          • Steve Perry

              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                Hi Russ and Betsy

                How's the engine work coming along?  Sounds pretty serious.

                We're going to be in the Penobscot bay area toward the end of July or first of August.  It would be fun to have a second meeting out there next summer, perhaps at Tennants Harbor again.  Anyone else interested?

                John and Sandy Larson

                Nic 35 #85, Passport
              • Steveandjuliewood
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008

                  Hi All,

                  I bought a Nic 33 last weekend, “Beatnic”.

                  I sail out of Whitby , UK .

                  Fantastic boat !

                  Steve Wood

                  bzenel <bzenel@yahoo. com> wrote:

                  Hello fellow CN folk,

                  I just found this group and am pretty thrilled. I'm the owner of
                  Altair, a CN31 built in 1976, hull #6. I currently keep her moored
                  off of City Island , NY , which is at the Western most tip of Long
                  Island Sound. She's a rare bird in these parts so it's exciting to
                  find a group like this.

                  --Bruce.

                • William E. Roesner
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                    Bruce,
                    Do you know about the Nicholson 31 Association? Check out
                    www.nicholson31.com
                    Any plans for sailing Maine this summer?
                    Bill
                    SV Blueprint
                    CN31-113

                    On Mar 26, 2008, at 9:26 AM, bzenel wrote:

                    > Hello fellow CN folk,
                    >
                    > I just found this group and am pretty thrilled. I'm the owner of
                    > Altair, a CN31 built in 1976, hull #6. I currently keep her moored
                    > off of City Island, NY, which is at the Western most tip of Long
                    > Island Sound. She's a rare bird in these parts so it's exciting to
                    > find a group like this.
                    >
                    > --Bruce.

                  • Ian Postlethwaite
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                      Welcome,
                      To the proud C&N owners group Steve, I have a Nic39 Suki of Shuna and sail her out of Whitehaven, although she is currently at Glasson Dock getting a small dink repaired but hope to be ready for an early start later next month.
                      Are you intending racing your Nic 33?
                      Regards
                      Ian

                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                        Hi,John and Sandy,
                        I could come to Tenants again.
                        Still sailing from Robinhood where I'll be delivering a slide lecture
                        Aug 20 about cruising , trans atlantic and 6 summers sailing europe.
                        Might I see you there?
                        Bill R.
                        SV Blueprint
                        CN31-113

                        On Mar 26, 2008, at 2:35 PM, JOHN LARSON wrote:

                        > Hi Russ and Betsy
                        >
                        > How's the engine work coming along?  Sounds pretty serious.
                        >
                        > We're going to be in the Penobscot bay area toward the end of July or
                        > first of August.  It would be fun to have a second meeting out there
                        > next summer, perhaps at Tennants Harbor again.  Anyone else
                        > interested?
                        >
                        > John and Sandy Larson
                        >
                        > Nic 35 #85, Passport

                      • Ansley W. Sawyer
                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                          Hello all and welcome to our new members,

                          We sail Pacem, CN 39 CC ketch '76 out of Rockland Maine.

                          John, I was down to Journey's End a week or so ago and checked on Passport. I met with Jamie, the fiberglass/paint shop supervisor,  who said that they were finishing two boats and Passport was next on the list. End of March, first of April was his guess at the time. I will be down more regularly now that the snow in the front yard is down to two feet.

                          Cheers

                          Ansley Sawyer
                        • Ansley W. Sawyer
                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                            Bill,

                            I would like to hear more about your talk in August. Where, when, who's invited?

                            Ansley
                          • JOHN LARSON
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                              Hi Bill

                              We would love to get together with you next summer.  It doesn't have to be Tennant's Harbor if there's a more convenient place for a meeting.  Our plan for next summer's cruise, such as it is, includes more Maine exploration, so we'll be pretty open about where to meet.

                              We'd like to hear your lecture, but don't know if it will work.  We have friends flying in from France on the 18th and they will be cruising with us for three weeks.  They also have crossed the Atlantic, in a Feeling 36.

                              John

                              CN 35 #85,  Passport

                            • Steveandjuliewood
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008

                                Yes, occasionally. My crew are only 2 & 5 year olds so I will need to find some more muscle before my first race.

                                The boat is quite well know on the south coast and has won many races. I’m hoping nobody on the NE coast recognize her !, I might be in with a chance then.

                                I’m sailing her up from Dover the weekend after next, very exiting!

                                Steve Wood

                                Message 15 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                                  Ansley

                                  Thanks a lot for keeping an eye on Passport.  It will be fun to have our boat back to it's original color.

                                  Sounds like you had plenty of snow this winter.  We had a bit here in Minnesota.  More winter here than we've seen in a few years, and I'm not sure it's over yet.

                                  If it's not to much trouble, take a couple pictures of Passport for us as the work progresses.

                                  Are you available for a gathering again this summer?

                                  John

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                                    John,

                                    Yes we would love to get together this summer. We will be on the boat the second week of August.

                                    Ansley
                                  • john.gall@verizon.net
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                                      Temperature just hit 50 in Boston today!

                                      Our plans are to do a counterclockwise trip around Penobscot bay, starting on/about July 19 and returning to Massachusetts waters August 8 or so. Highlights will be:

                                      Port Clyde
                                      SealBay/Winter Harbor in Vinalhaven,
                                      Isle au Haut,
                                      Merchants Row,
                                      Bucks Harbor,
                                      Holbrook Harbor ( Castine ) - thanks Ansley for that one !
                                      Belfast,
                                      Dark Harbor
                                      Pulpit Harbor ?
                                      Perry Creek ?
                                      Rockland,
                                      Tenants,
                                      Maple Juice Cove and home.

                                      More or less.

                                      John and Gail
                                    • Stephen Perry
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                                        Bruce,

                                        Also wanted to mention that there is a Nic 32 in Oyster Bay, "Moon Mist" sailed by John Cammarotta. Not sure if John is a member of this online group.

                                        Steve
                                        ________________________________
                                        > To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
                                        > From: phrf201@...
                                        > Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:55:18 -0500
                                        > Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Greetings!
                                        >

                                        > Hi Bruce. We have CN35 #80 (Levity) and sail out of Mamaroneck, frequenting City Island during the sailing season. We'll keep an eye out for you this year (we'll be in a Pearson 28 as Levity is on the hard for an extensive restoration).
                                        > Steve.

                                        Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes.
                                        http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V3
                                      • William E. Roesner
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                                          Hi Ansley,
                                          Robinhood Marine Center puts on a regular Wednesday night lecture
                                          series thru the summer, and I volunteered for the 20th of August. It's
                                          in the early evening ( I suppose after it gets dark enough to project
                                          photos) but I'm not sure as to the exact time as yet. They are open to
                                          the general public and usually take place in Robinhoods' library.
                                          Please feel free, if you haven't heard enough already, to attend. I'd
                                          love to show and tell, although I'm not much of a public speaker.
                                          Do you have any sailing plans for the summer yet? We should get
                                          together again.
                                          Cheers,
                                          Bill

                                          On Mar 26, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Ansley W. Sawyer wrote:

                                          > Bill,
                                          >
                                          > I would like to hear more about your talk in August. Where, when,
                                          > who's invited?
                                          >
                                          > Ansley

                                        • Ansley W. Sawyer
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008
                                            Bill,

                                            I will look forward to hear your discussion of your adventures.

                                            We will be aboard for weekends, two weeks the end of June and first week of July, and then the second week of August. We would love to get together with all of you again.

                                            I was just down to the boat and saw our new windlass which is fashioned after the one that Blueprint got in Great Britain. We thank you for that.

                                            Ansley
                                          • Vitalius, Bob
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Mar 26, 2008

                                              Bill,

                                              Keep me posted on the slide lecture. I would love to see/hear it.

                                              Good chance Maryanne and I can do Tenants.

                                              Bob

                                              Blythe Spirit

                                              CN31

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Mar 31, 2008
                                                Welcome Beatnic!
                                                Congradulations on being owned by a Nic 33...I'm
                                                wishing your experience is as rewarding as mine. I
                                                keep "Time...", Nic 33 hull number 19, on the Saint
                                                Johns River near Palatka, Florida (US). My pictures
                                                are at www.freewebs.com/burnhad
                                                I repowered her broken Yanmar single cylinder diesel
                                                with a Yanmar two cylinder diesel and have enjoyed
                                                worryless motoring since the first launching:^)
                                                We took her to Charleston Race Week last year in April
                                                and managed 3rd in class amoung 12 boats. We
                                                considered that a decent accomplishment with our dated
                                                dacron roller furling sails up against the new
                                                laminated sails sported by our competition.
                                                We didn't take her back to Florida until October of
                                                2007 and enjoyed a nice leasurely cruise along the
                                                coast of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
                                                David Burnham
                                                C&N 33 #19

                                                --- Steveandjuliewood
                                                <steveandjuliewood@...> wrote:

                                                > Hi All,
                                                >
                                                > I bought a Nic 33 last weekend, "Beatnic".
                                                >
                                                > I sail out of Whitby, UK.
                                                >

                                                > Fantastic boat !
                                                >

                                                > Steve Wood
                                                >
                                                > Mob:- 07718 582900
                                                >
                                                > _____

                                              • David Burnham
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Mar 31, 2008
                                                  We are hoping you get a chance to post a photo of
                                                  Beatnic and crew...
                                                  David

                                                  --- Steveandjuliewood
                                                  <steveandjuliewood@...> wrote:

                                                  > Yes, occasionally. My crew are only 2 & 5 year olds
                                                  > so I will need to find
                                                  > some more muscle before my first race.
                                                  >
                                                  > The boat is quite well know on the south coast and
                                                  > has won many races. I'm
                                                  > hoping nobody on the NE coast recognize her !, I
                                                  > might be in with a chance
                                                  > then.
                                                  >

                                                  > I'm sailing her up from Dover the weekend after
                                                  > next, very exiting!
                                                  >

                                                  > Steve Wood
                                                  >
                                                  > Mob:- 07718 582900
                                                  >
                                                  > _____

                                                  OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends:Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t