Alternator

  • Andrew Joad
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
      I've got a Pirhana 4 VW marinised engine in my boat (1983) and wondered if anyone knows what make and model the alternator is?

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
        Andrew,
        The standard alternator is a Bosch 35 amp.  Your local VW can get you the model number.  If you have  a problem I can get you the number myself.  BTW, I replaced mine with a high-amp unit with a smart regulator.

        Dennis Gibbons
        Dark Lady
        Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 5:32 PM
        Subject: [campernicholson] Alternator

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
          Dennis,
          thanks very much, I will get in touch with my local VW dealer.
          Andrew: North Star No. 205

          Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 5:32 PM