Nic 35 hatches

  • Andrew Joad
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      I've just bought "North Star" in Toledo Ohio and took her down to New York last month. I'm planning to sail her back to the UK next spring and have plenty of jobs to do before she's ready. One job is to replace the saloon hatch which has no supporting arm and one broken handle; has anyone done this before and if so what is the correct replacement for a Canpa hatch which I believe is obsolete now. Thanks Andrew Joad

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • JIM TEIPEN
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
        We replaced both the saloon and forward Campa hatches with  Lewmar Ocean 60's which fit on the existing cutouts very well.  I think part of the saloon hatch shows in one or two pictures in the Alegria Headliner folder in the photo section of this board.

        Jim
        S/V Alegria
        CN 35-#68

        To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
        From: andrew.joad@...
        Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:18:20 -0700
        Subject: [campernicholson] Nic 35 hatches

        I've just bought "North Star" in Toledo Ohio and took her down to New York last month. I'm planning to sail her back to the UK next spring and have plenty of jobs to do before she's ready. One job is to replace the saloon hatch which has no supporting arm and one broken handle; has anyone done this before and if so what is the correct replacement for a Canpa hatch which I believe is obsolete now. Thanks Andrew Joad
        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com
      • andrew.joad
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
          Jim,
          Thank you very much for the info; had a look at photos, you did a
          nice job.
          Andrew North Star CN 35-#205--- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com,
          JIM TEIPEN <jteipen@...> wrote:

          > We replaced both the saloon and forward Campa hatches with Lewmar
          Ocean 60's which fit on the existing cutouts very well. I think part
          of the saloon hatch shows in one or two pictures in the Alegria
          Headliner folder in the photo section of this board.

          > Jim
          > S/V Alegria
          > CN 35-#68
          >
          > To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
          > From: andrew.joad@...
          > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:18:20 -0700
          > Subject: [campernicholson] Nic 35 hatches

          > I've just bought "North Star" in Toledo Ohio and took
          her down to New York last month. I'm planning to sail her back to the
          UK next spring and have plenty of jobs to do before she's ready. One
          job is to replace the saloon hatch which has no supporting arm and
          one broken handle; has anyone done this before and if so what is the
          correct replacement for a Canpa hatch which I believe is obsolete
          now. Thanks Andrew Joad
          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Thomas J Middelthon
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007

            Jim;

            I would be very interested to see your pictures. Could I ask you please to send them to my address middel@...  since I never sorted out how to connect to the yahoo group/picture thing……..afraid it might generate more spam etc.

            Thomas

            North Wind

            Nich 35 #40

            From: andrew.joad@...
            Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:18:20 -0700

            I've just bought "North Star" in Toledo Ohio and took her down to New York last month. I'm planning to sail her back to the UK next spring and have plenty of jobs to do before she's ready. One job is to replace the saloon hatch which has no supporting arm and one broken handle; has anyone done this before and if so what is the correct replacement for a Canpa hatch which I believe is obsolete now. Thanks Andrew Joad
            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • E. Morcillo
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2007
              Hi, Andrew and all:

              We changed in Defiance the original (both) for a pair
              of new Vetus Libero 50x50, radius 32. Both fits very
              well. We are very happy with the quality and good-hard
              desing and construction.

              If anybody wants some photos, I can get them and post
              to him/her.

              Good winds...

              Enrique Morcillo
              Defiance