NECO AOUTO PILOT

  • Don
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
      Hi,

      If anyone has a Neco Autopilot NM692 Model 17DR8 (12V)can they tell me
      the ohm value on the center resistor that is on the top of the board
      in the Motor/Drive unit. There are 3 resistors and the middle one has
      burnt and I cannot tell its value as the markings are no longer
      discernable.

      Thanks
      Don
      NIC 35 "SAUNTERER"
    • BarryR8195@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
        Myles Marine Electronics in Ft. Lauderdale has schematics, parts lists and services NECO autopilots. It also maintains an inventory of parts.

      • seth_strattan
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
          --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <canbrisas@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > If anyone has a Neco Autopilot NM692 Model 17DR8 (12V)can they tell me
          > the ohm value on the center resistor that is on the top of the board
          > in the Motor/Drive unit.

          Hi Don - Those three components on the drive unit fuse board are
          actually diodes. Two of them are PL4007 rectifiers and it sounds like
          you let the smoke out of one of those. That's an old part number, but
          the datasheet for the part is available here:
          http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/2766958.html

          If I read the specifications correctly, that's a general purpose
          rectifier, reverse voltage rating 1000V, continuous forward current
          1.5A, maximum surge current 40A.

          Check me, though, and make sure you agree on the specs.

          Just off the top of my head I'd guess a 1N5399 would be a contemporary
          equivalent. The datasheet for that part is available here:
          http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/1N/1N5399.pdf

          Seth
          N35 Liberty
        • DON CLELAND
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
            Seth,

            Thank you very much for this information. Now I hope the diode burnt out because of old age and not some fault in the circuitry.

            Thanks
            Don
            NIC35 Saunterer.

            seth_strattan <jseth@...> wrote:
            --- In campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com, "Don" <canbrisas@. ..> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > If anyone has a Neco Autopilot NM692 Model 17DR8 (12V)can they tell me
            > the ohm value on the center resistor that is on the top of the board
            > in the Motor/Drive unit.

            Hi Don - Those three components on the drive unit fuse board are
            actually diodes. Two of them are PL4007 rectifiers and it sounds like
            you let the smoke out of one of those. That's an old part number, but
            the datasheet for the part is available here:
            http://www.datashee tarchive. com/preview/ 2766958.html

            If I read the specifications correctly, that's a general purpose
            rectifier, reverse voltage rating 1000V, continuous forward current
            1.5A, maximum surge current 40A.

            Check me, though, and make sure you agree on the specs.

            Just off the top of my head I'd guess a 1N5399 would be a contemporary
            equivalent. The datasheet for that part is available here:
            http://www.fairchil dsemi.com/ ds/1N/1N5399. pdf

            Seth
            N35 Liberty

            Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.