RE: [campernicholson] creaking chainplates

  • JIM TEIPEN
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2007
      Colin,

      We've removed and resealed all chainplates. When we did so, it was obvious
      that we were getting leakage on a few evidenced by corrosion of the
      aluminium backing plates. I seem to recall others on this board reporting
      some movement including elongation of the deck holes. We did not
      experience this, in fact, everything seemed to be in good shape once we
      managed to get them out of the deck. We did replace the aluminum backing
      plates with ones we fashioned ourselves from 1/4 inch 304 stainless steel.

      Jim