Re: Nic 35 list

  • stephen_lowden
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2007

      Dear Michael,

      Thank you very much for the info. I will add it to the list. Would you like to say what the boat's hull colour is? Also, do you have a sail number and can you confirm whether her name is still Likedeeler?

      Stephen Lowden

      --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "michael196_0" <mikel_ger1@...> wrote:

      > Hi Stephen,
      > here are the details of building number 103:
      > Location: Oldenburg/Germany
      > Owner: Michael Illing
      >
      > Greetings from Germany
      >
      > Michael Illing

    • M. I.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 16, 2007
        Dear Stephen,

        here some more details/history about the boat and us (if u like to know it):

        I am the third owner. Camper and Nicholson showed this boat at the german
        boat exhibition in 1974 in Hamburg called "Hanseboot". My friend Walter
        Kuhnert (he is like a dad to me, born in 1912 !) saw the boat, "felt in
        love" and wanted to buy it. But Nicholson said "u cant buy this one, cause
        its the boat of the german seller of Nicholson. u can buy another one..."
        Walter said " i want this one or nothing" After exhibition the boat went to
        Berlin.... (maybe at this short time the name of the boat was "Wiss"...,but
        i dont know....)

        Only some months later the seller called him and and asked if Walter wanted
        the buy the boat now . He said "NO", cause he wanted to buy the boat at
        exhibition, he wanted to buy a new one and no "2. hand". The seller needed
        money, so Walter was able to buy the boat much cheaper than Nicholson
        offered it only some months before in Hamburg. Since 1977 ( i was 17 years
        old) i am sailing with Walter. We had alot of trips to
        Denmark,Norway,Scotland. We did long distance races from Germany to
        Edinburgh/Scotland many times. At one of this races we lost our mast. A
        toggle was broken, so the mast came down.
        After nearly 30 years sailing with Walter, i bought the ship some months
        ago. Walter is still alive, now he is 95 years old !!!! Maybe is was the
        oldest owner of a Camper and Nicholson in 2007 !!!???

        About your questions:

        1. hull colour: dark blue
        2. sailing number: G1083
        3. callsign: DB2590
        4. yes, the name is still "Likedeeler"
        the crew of the german pirate "Klaus Störtebecker" were called
        "Likedeeler", cause in old german language "like" means "equal" and "deeler"
        means "to share"----> 50% of the "stolen" money got the captain and the rest
        got the crew.
        English speaking people become sometimes abit confused about the shipname,
        cause they are we (drug)dealer. I swear, there are no drugs on board,
        excluding "rum" !!!! LOL

        Steven, i hope it was interessting for you to hear a "story" of a german
        Nicholson 35
        i am really sorry, that my english is very poor...,
        i swear, my german is much better than my english !!! LOL

        Greetings from Germany

        Michael

        PS: We were starting rebuilding the in March..., after we will have finish
        our work, we will send some pictures

        Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie gleichzeitig
        im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu! http://desktop.msn.de/
        Jetzt gratis downloaden!
      • stephen_lowden
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 19, 2007
          Thank you for this. It is always interesting to hear the history of
          our boats - and your English needs no apologies. Mr. Kuhnert
          probably did hold the record as oldest owner: my father was only in
          his early eighties when he passed 'Malfi' on to me.

          I shall now try to put a revised copy of the list in the files.

          Good sailing,
          Stephen

          --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "M. I." <mikel_ger1@...>