Re: [campernicholson] Maine Rendezvous

  • Greg Pusch
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 4, 2007
      John -- Resolute will be there with 2-3 aboard.

      Best,

      Greg

      galljj35 <john.gall@...> wrote:
      Just over 6 weeks until we plan to meet in Maine.

      I know that everyone said they were coming last fall - but now that
      reality has set in, it would probably be good to get a revised head
      count so that we can start to better plan the weekend.

      Could everyone still planning to attend send an email to that effect,
      along with the number of people you expect to have aboard ?

      See you in July

      still doing the brightwork !

      john

    • minnehaha64
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 7, 2007
        John,

        Our boat, "Yankee" (formerly, "First Star") CN35 hull #99, will
        remain on the hard in the Chesapeake Bay through the summer (sigh),
        but it happens that we will be in Boston the weekend of July 13-15, so
        we're only a couple hours away. Are temporarlily terrestrial CN owners
        allowed to attend?

        Russ & Betsy Armstrong
      • John Gall
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 7, 2007
          Well, certainly. But be forewarned - it is more than "a couple of hours
          away" - 4 on a good day, more if the traffic is bad.

          Not sure if yu had a thought about staying in the area overnight - if so, it
          would be good to make plans soon, since there is a festival going on in
          Rockland that ties motels up.

          When you arrive ( optimist that I am ) , you can call one of us on a cell
          and we'll dinghy you out to the fleet !

          > Our boat, "Yankee" (formerly, "First Star") CN35 hull #99, will
          > remain on the hard in the Chesapeake Bay through the summer (sigh),
          > but it happens that we will be in Boston the weekend of July 13-15, so
          > we're only a couple hours away. Are temporarlily terrestrial CN owners
          > allowed to attend?
          >
          > Russ & Betsy Armstrong
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • oillustriousone
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 16, 2007
            2007 Camper Nicholson Rendezvous
            Tenants Harbor, Maine

            A group of intrepid Camper Nicholson sailors made their way to Tenants
            Harbor Maine for a weekend of camaraderie. With six boats and another
            crew who forgot to bring their boat, we had a great time. John and
            Gail Gall sailed Skye a Nicholson 35 sloop (# 78) from Boston, MA as
            part of their yacht club cruise. They were accompanied by two other
            boats of some lesser variety than our old Nics. Greg Pusch sailed
            Resolute a Nicholson 35 sloop (# 222) by himself from Portsmouth, RI.
            He was continuing on to Boothbay to meet his wife and kids. Bob and
            Mary Anne Vitalius sailed Blythe Spirit a Nicholson 31 from Falmouth,
            Maine and were joined by their daughter and son in law for part of the
            time. John and Sandra Larson brought Passport a Nicholson 35 sloop (#
            85) from Lakeland, Minnesota by way of the Mississippi, Florida, the
            Keys, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean. We are still wondering if they
            came to Maine looking for the westward passage to Minnesota. Bill
            Roesner sailed Blueprint a Nicholson 31 sloop from Robinhood, Maine.
            Ansley and Janet Sawyer sailed the least, with a three hour sail from
            Rockland, Maine, upwind (otherwise it would have been an hour and a
            half) aboard Pacem a Nicholson 39 center cockpit ketch 1976 (# 14).
            Russ and Betsy Armstrong from
            Minneapolis, Minnesota left their boat Yankee on the hard in Maryland
            and drove to Maine just to party with the rest of us.

            We had a couple of cocktail parties and toured each others boats to
            get ideas. We told and heard tall tales of exploits at sea and we all
            were awed by the descriptions of far flung anchorages that some had
            visited.

            Bill Roesner got the most beautiful boat award. His Nic 31 Blueprint
            is pristine although the secret maybe that he is the original owner.
            He ordered the boat from Camper Nicholson in 1982 and has owned it
            every since. Just imagine how nice your boat would be if you had been
            working on the same boat for twenty-five years! Bill is also a font of
            knowledge about Camper Nicholson boats and his Atlantic crossing and
            his trips around Great Britain and through the canals of France to the
            Med gave us many fine stories.

            We all gathered in Tenants Harbor which is in the township of St.
            George at the south western shore of Penobscot Bay. We took a group
            picture that I have placed on the picture section of our newsgroup for
            all of our far flung Nicholson friends to see. The pictures were taken
            in front of the sculptures of St. George and the dragon which we
            thought was appropriate because of our fond ties to Great Britain. I
            would especially like to draw your attention to the picture of Bill
            Roesner riding with St. George into battle with the dragon.

            Respectfully submitted,

            Ansley Sawyer
          • Tom
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 17, 2007
              (3)35's, (2)31's, (1)39', (2)others, and a bunch of people. Sounds
              like you had a good time. I wish I could have made it but the
              unexpected kept me on the hard and off the boat. Did you get a group
              photo of the boats?

              Regards,

              Tom Costello
              CN35-199 Dream
            • Scott Thurston
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 17, 2007
                Me, too, but it was work and weather, for me.... Time is short this time of year...Is someone going to do the piece for Yachting Monthly? I can forward the info about Paul Gelder, the editor...

                Scott
                Penelope
                CN32

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 18, 2007
                  Tom,

                  We did not get a group photo of the boats. We were on moorings in the harbor close to each other but not together.

                  Hope you can make the next one.

                  Ansley Sawyer
                • john.gall@verizon.net
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 19, 2007
                    All:

                    Gail and I have some individual shots that we will post once we get near a fast internet connection. Also, Christian and Mary ? on I WANDA were also in attendance.

                    from foggy Maine -

                    john

                    >From: "Ansley W. Sawyer" <ansleys@...>
                    >Date: 2007/07/18 Wed AM 06:42:37 CDT
                    >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Re: Maine Rendezvous

                    >Tom, We did not get a group photo of the boats. We were on moorings in the harbor close to each other but not together. Hope you can make the next one. Ansley Sawyer
                  • Mary Verlaque
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
                      Yes, it WAS Mary & Christian on I Wanda at the C & N rendez vous. I Wanda is a Nicholson 40, pilothouse sloop.

                      Building a website is a piece of cake.