Re: [campernicholson] Maine Rendezvous

  • Ansley W. Sawyer
    Message 1 of 13 , May 31, 2007
      Pacem will be there Friday to Sunday with 2-4 crew depending on the kids schedules.

      Ansley Sawyer
    • Greg Pusch
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 4, 2007
        John -- Resolute will be there with 2-3 aboard.

        Best,

        Greg

        galljj35 <john.gall@...> wrote:
        Just over 6 weeks until we plan to meet in Maine.

        I know that everyone said they were coming last fall - but now that
        reality has set in, it would probably be good to get a revised head
        count so that we can start to better plan the weekend.

        Could everyone still planning to attend send an email to that effect,
        along with the number of people you expect to have aboard ?

        See you in July

        still doing the brightwork !

        john

      • minnehaha64
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 7, 2007
          John,

          Our boat, "Yankee" (formerly, "First Star") CN35 hull #99, will
          remain on the hard in the Chesapeake Bay through the summer (sigh),
          but it happens that we will be in Boston the weekend of July 13-15, so
          we're only a couple hours away. Are temporarlily terrestrial CN owners
          allowed to attend?

          Russ & Betsy Armstrong
        • John Gall
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 7, 2007
            Well, certainly. But be forewarned - it is more than "a couple of hours
            away" - 4 on a good day, more if the traffic is bad.

            Not sure if yu had a thought about staying in the area overnight - if so, it
            would be good to make plans soon, since there is a festival going on in
            Rockland that ties motels up.

            When you arrive ( optimist that I am ) , you can call one of us on a cell
            and we'll dinghy you out to the fleet !

            > Our boat, "Yankee" (formerly, "First Star") CN35 hull #99, will
            > remain on the hard in the Chesapeake Bay through the summer (sigh),
            > but it happens that we will be in Boston the weekend of July 13-15, so
            > we're only a couple hours away. Are temporarlily terrestrial CN owners
            > allowed to attend?
            >
            > Russ & Betsy Armstrong
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • oillustriousone
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 16, 2007
              2007 Camper Nicholson Rendezvous
              Tenants Harbor, Maine

              A group of intrepid Camper Nicholson sailors made their way to Tenants
              Harbor Maine for a weekend of camaraderie. With six boats and another
              crew who forgot to bring their boat, we had a great time. John and
              Gail Gall sailed Skye a Nicholson 35 sloop (# 78) from Boston, MA as
              part of their yacht club cruise. They were accompanied by two other
              boats of some lesser variety than our old Nics. Greg Pusch sailed
              Resolute a Nicholson 35 sloop (# 222) by himself from Portsmouth, RI.
              He was continuing on to Boothbay to meet his wife and kids. Bob and
              Mary Anne Vitalius sailed Blythe Spirit a Nicholson 31 from Falmouth,
              Maine and were joined by their daughter and son in law for part of the
              time. John and Sandra Larson brought Passport a Nicholson 35 sloop (#
              85) from Lakeland, Minnesota by way of the Mississippi, Florida, the
              Keys, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean. We are still wondering if they
              came to Maine looking for the westward passage to Minnesota. Bill
              Roesner sailed Blueprint a Nicholson 31 sloop from Robinhood, Maine.
              Ansley and Janet Sawyer sailed the least, with a three hour sail from
              Rockland, Maine, upwind (otherwise it would have been an hour and a
              half) aboard Pacem a Nicholson 39 center cockpit ketch 1976 (# 14).
              Russ and Betsy Armstrong from
              Minneapolis, Minnesota left their boat Yankee on the hard in Maryland
              and drove to Maine just to party with the rest of us.

              We had a couple of cocktail parties and toured each others boats to
              get ideas. We told and heard tall tales of exploits at sea and we all
              were awed by the descriptions of far flung anchorages that some had
              visited.

              Bill Roesner got the most beautiful boat award. His Nic 31 Blueprint
              is pristine although the secret maybe that he is the original owner.
              He ordered the boat from Camper Nicholson in 1982 and has owned it
              every since. Just imagine how nice your boat would be if you had been
              working on the same boat for twenty-five years! Bill is also a font of
              knowledge about Camper Nicholson boats and his Atlantic crossing and
              his trips around Great Britain and through the canals of France to the
              Med gave us many fine stories.

              We all gathered in Tenants Harbor which is in the township of St.
              George at the south western shore of Penobscot Bay. We took a group
              picture that I have placed on the picture section of our newsgroup for
              all of our far flung Nicholson friends to see. The pictures were taken
              in front of the sculptures of St. George and the dragon which we
              thought was appropriate because of our fond ties to Great Britain. I
              would especially like to draw your attention to the picture of Bill
              Roesner riding with St. George into battle with the dragon.

              Respectfully submitted,

              Ansley Sawyer
            • Tom
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 17, 2007
                (3)35's, (2)31's, (1)39', (2)others, and a bunch of people. Sounds
                like you had a good time. I wish I could have made it but the
                unexpected kept me on the hard and off the boat. Did you get a group
                photo of the boats?

                Regards,

                Tom Costello
                CN35-199 Dream
              • Scott Thurston
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 17, 2007
                  Me, too, but it was work and weather, for me.... Time is short this time of year...Is someone going to do the piece for Yachting Monthly? I can forward the info about Paul Gelder, the editor...

                  Scott
                  Penelope
                  CN32

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 18, 2007
                    Tom,

                    We did not get a group photo of the boats. We were on moorings in the harbor close to each other but not together.

                    Hope you can make the next one.

                    Ansley Sawyer
                  • john.gall@verizon.net
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 19, 2007
                      All:

                      Gail and I have some individual shots that we will post once we get near a fast internet connection. Also, Christian and Mary ? on I WANDA were also in attendance.

                      from foggy Maine -

                      john

                      >From: "Ansley W. Sawyer" <ansleys@...>
                      >Date: 2007/07/18 Wed AM 06:42:37 CDT
                      >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Re: Maine Rendezvous

                      >Tom, We did not get a group photo of the boats. We were on moorings in the harbor close to each other but not together. Hope you can make the next one. Ansley Sawyer
                    • Mary Verlaque
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
                        Yes, it WAS Mary & Christian on I Wanda at the C & N rendez vous. I Wanda is a Nicholson 40, pilothouse sloop.

                        Building a website is a piece of cake.