Re: [campernicholson] rudder bearing

  • Jeffrey Moorman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2007
      Winston,

      When I disassembled my rudder I noticed the same thing. I installed a pvc bearing for the lateral slop and just left the worn bearing crown as is. I made the sleeve bearing from a section of sched 40 PVC pipe. The previous bearing was made from Phenolic, and had worn until we had a clunk at every wave...now everything seems to work just fine.

      Jeff

      LaBoheme Nic 35 #39