Nic 35 list

  • stephen_lowden
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2007
      I have just posted (in Files) a new version of my list of names,
      locations, and owners of Nic 35s. Further corrections welcomed.
    • Katie and Simon
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2007
        Thanks, Stephen, for owning and updating this list. The details for Gin
        Rummy are fine.

        Simon & Katie
        Gin Rummy, CN35-202

        I have just posted (in Files) a new version of my list of names,
        locations, and owners of Nic 35s. Further corrections welcomed.

        http://www.msn.txt4content.com/
      • michael196_0
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 13, 2007
          Hi Stephen,
          here are the details of building number 103:
          Location: Oldenburg/Germany
          Owner: Michael Illing

          Greetings from Germany

          Michael Illing
        • stephen_lowden
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 14, 2007

            Dear Michael,

            Thank you very much for the info. I will add it to the list. Would you like to say what the boat's hull colour is? Also, do you have a sail number and can you confirm whether her name is still Likedeeler?

            Stephen Lowden

            --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "michael196_0" <mikel_ger1@...> wrote:

            > Hi Stephen,
            > here are the details of building number 103:
            > Location: Oldenburg/Germany
            > Owner: Michael Illing
            >
            > Greetings from Germany
            >
            > Michael Illing

          • M. I.
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 16, 2007
              Dear Stephen,

              here some more details/history about the boat and us (if u like to know it):

              I am the third owner. Camper and Nicholson showed this boat at the german
              boat exhibition in 1974 in Hamburg called "Hanseboot". My friend Walter
              Kuhnert (he is like a dad to me, born in 1912 !) saw the boat, "felt in
              love" and wanted to buy it. But Nicholson said "u cant buy this one, cause
              its the boat of the german seller of Nicholson. u can buy another one..."
              Walter said " i want this one or nothing" After exhibition the boat went to
              Berlin.... (maybe at this short time the name of the boat was "Wiss"...,but
              i dont know....)

              Only some months later the seller called him and and asked if Walter wanted
              the buy the boat now . He said "NO", cause he wanted to buy the boat at
              exhibition, he wanted to buy a new one and no "2. hand". The seller needed
              money, so Walter was able to buy the boat much cheaper than Nicholson
              offered it only some months before in Hamburg. Since 1977 ( i was 17 years
              old) i am sailing with Walter. We had alot of trips to
              Denmark,Norway,Scotland. We did long distance races from Germany to
              Edinburgh/Scotland many times. At one of this races we lost our mast. A
              toggle was broken, so the mast came down.
              After nearly 30 years sailing with Walter, i bought the ship some months
              ago. Walter is still alive, now he is 95 years old !!!! Maybe is was the
              oldest owner of a Camper and Nicholson in 2007 !!!???

              About your questions:

              1. hull colour: dark blue
              2. sailing number: G1083
              3. callsign: DB2590
              4. yes, the name is still "Likedeeler"
              the crew of the german pirate "Klaus Störtebecker" were called
              "Likedeeler", cause in old german language "like" means "equal" and "deeler"
              means "to share"----> 50% of the "stolen" money got the captain and the rest
              got the crew.
              English speaking people become sometimes abit confused about the shipname,
              cause they are we (drug)dealer. I swear, there are no drugs on board,
              excluding "rum" !!!! LOL

              Steven, i hope it was interessting for you to hear a "story" of a german
              Nicholson 35
              i am really sorry, that my english is very poor...,
              i swear, my german is much better than my english !!! LOL

              Greetings from Germany

              Michael

              PS: We were starting rebuilding the in March..., after we will have finish
              our work, we will send some pictures

              Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie gleichzeitig
              im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu! http://desktop.msn.de/
              Jetzt gratis downloaden!
            • stephen_lowden
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 19, 2007
                Thank you for this. It is always interesting to hear the history of
                our boats - and your English needs no apologies. Mr. Kuhnert
                probably did hold the record as oldest owner: my father was only in
                his early eighties when he passed 'Malfi' on to me.

                I shall now try to put a revised copy of the list in the files.

                Good sailing,
                Stephen

                --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "M. I." <mikel_ger1@...>