Maine Camper Nicholsons Rally July 13, 14, 15, 2007 Tenants Harbor, Maine

  • galljj35
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5 7:52 PM
      Brrrr.... It's 13 f outside, wind blowing 13, gusting to 22.. wind
      chill -2 f. What better to do than to plan the summer cruise ?

      Boats heading from Mass and points south may want to transit in a
      group. From Gloucester, Ma ( my home port ) Tenants is about 120 nm,
      more or less. Easily done in two days, with a stop either at Biddeford
      Pool, Jewell Island or Sebasco Estates, or one longer pull.

      We could rendezvous at Gloucester, Rockport or the Isles of Shoals, and
      proceed from there.

      If there's interest, we could arrange for dining at Eastern Point YC in
      Gloucester, or at any of several places in Rockport.

      If you haven't checked it out, look at the North Atlantic Blues
      Festival (music, not fish) taking place in Rockland, ME that weekend.
      See http://www.northatlanticbluesfestival.com/. We went last year and
      had a great time. An easy ride from Tenants, if we avail ourselves of
      enterprise or other local transportation.

      can't wait.....

      john

      SKYE/CN35 78
    • Greg Pusch
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 7 4:23 PM
        John,

        I agree with the can't wait sentiment in this weather.  I was planning on a direct sail from the CC canal as I have in the past given time constraints.  Takes you about 30 nm offshore at the furthest but is shorter.  Let's keep the discussion going through the spring and see if there's interest in a Cape Ann rendezvous.

        Greg
        Resolute 35/222

        galljj35 <john.gall@...> wrote:
[...]

        Finding fabulous fares is fun.

      • Greg Pusch
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 26, 2007
          With a couple of weeks to go, just curious if anyone got a final count on the number of boats planning to be in Tenants for this?

          Thanks,

          Greg
          35 Resolute

        • John Gall
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 26, 2007
            Here's my tally.  Bill and Scott didn't answer my request for attendees - ( or I have lost their answers), but they are nearby, so they should be coming.  Jeff Moorman may or not be coming - early on interest - but no recent answer.  I've been in contact with another 31 owner who spends most summers in Maine, so he'll likely be there.

            Russ and Betty Armstrong are travelling by land yacht.

            Any and all - please add ( subtractions not allowed ! )

            My current plan is to arrive friday afternoon and anchor in Long Cove.

            Nic 35

            78

            Skye

            John & Gail Gall

            Nic 35

            85

            Passport

            John & Sandra Larson

            Nic 35

            215

            Spray

            J.Cribb

            Nic 35

            99

            Yankee

            Russ & Betty Armstrong

            Nic 35

            222

            Resolute

            Greg Pusch

            Nic 39

            Pacem

            Ansley Sawyer

            Nic 31

            Blythe Spirit

            Bob & Maryanne Vitalius

            Nic 31

            Bill Roesner

            Nic 32

            Scott Thurston

            Nic 40AC

            Discovery

            Tom stanton

            john

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 27, 2007
              I may come. I want to come, but it might be a last minute decision... Will likely let you know that Thursday... (like I said, a last minute decision!)

              Scott