Re: [campernicholson] Halmatic hulls

  • Steve Perry
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2007
       Reviewing some recent emails I came across the one about Halmatic hulls and the resins used. I have since received some info from Roger Benton that Camper Nic may have used epoxy as a bedding material for hull to deck joints. I can't confirm it but I don't think it matters with regard to repairs to hulls since epoxy has superior secondary bonding properties than polyester. That seems to be the conventional wisdom anyway, but many boat repairers prefer to stay with similar materials. Roger may have some more info on this also.