Nicholson 38 list

  • alexinaofshoreham
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2007
      Hi .. I am the proud owner of a Nicholson 38 currently cruising the
      East Mediterranean. As a nearly forty year old vessel her maintenance
      poses quite a challenge.

      In order to aid me, and others in this task I am putting together an e-
      mail list of Nicholson 38 owners.

      If you are interested in being on this list and having your e-mail
      address distributed to other Nicholson 38 owners please contact me.
    • Ann & Roger Haggar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2007
        G'day,
        Not that I look at the CN/yahoo site often but yr interesting message came
        up on my Hotmail address.
        yes, I have 'Race Passage", hull 117 built 1973.
        As 3rd owner bought her in 1995 and spent 5 yrs in refurbishment then a 2 yr
        cruise from vancouver to west coast, mexico and return.
        The refurbishment was quite extensive with a 'mini' osmosis job and complete
        awlgrip paint job to the deck and house. I left the hull alone as the
        jelcoat is in good condition and , I must put on my list, is due for a good
        'cut and polish' this summer.
        The interior is original although we did recover the cushions. One day I
        will do something with the headliner as it is failing in some places.
        Still have the B&G log and depth sounder although the log is temperamental.
        Pulled out the auto-pilot(forgot the name but still have the motor
        somewhere) and installed simrad which never fails. Also have simrad
        chartplotter and radar and for the cruise installed Icom VHF and SSB
        Mechanically replaced gatevalve throughhulls with ball valves and totally
        rebuilt the Perkins 4108(no biggie) and the TMS gearbox.(now thats a
        challenge).
        Totally rebuilt the 2 baby blake heads- actually- on the kitchen table - at
        least the wife didn't speak to me for weeks!!!
        So all in all- I can say that I have had no probs. with her on the cruise
        even in sustained winds off the Washington/Oregon coast of F.7/8 and looking
        forward to the next trip, possibly Hawaii and return next year.
        I can be reached at rdhaggar@....
        Rgds-Roger.

        >From: "alexinaofshoreham" <alexinaofshoreham@...>
        >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [campernicholson] Nicholson 38 list
        >Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:47:46 -0000
        >
        >Hi .. I am the proud owner of a Nicholson 38 currently cruising the
        >East Mediterranean. As a nearly forty year old vessel her maintenance
        >poses quite a challenge.
        >
        >In order to aid me, and others in this task I am putting together an e-
        >mail list of Nicholson 38 owners.
        >
        >If you are interested in being on this list and having your e-mail
        >address distributed to other Nicholson 38 owners please contact me.

        Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
        Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA
      • repeipg
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
          I have hull #46,and reside in Panama City, FL. Please add my Email to
          the list of Nic 38 owners.
          --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "alexinaofshoreham"
          <alexinaofshoreham@...> wrote:

          > Hi .. I am the proud owner of a Nicholson 38 currently cruising the
          > East Mediterranean. As a nearly forty year old vessel her maintenance
          > poses quite a challenge.
          >
          > In order to aid me, and others in this task I am putting together an
          e-
          > mail list of Nicholson 38 owners.
          >
          > If you are interested in being on this list and having your e-mail
          > address distributed to other Nicholson 38 owners please contact me.

        • George Nauman
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2009
             Nick 38 owner
            Just to let you know there are a few owners of Nick 38s out here. Our hull number 123 built in 1973 . We bought her in 1986 in Fort Lauderdale. Before that she was owned by Dane. Recently pulled the teak off the deck and just painted her with Kiwigrip.  we keep her in New Bern NC. Raga is rigged as a ketch.
            George Nauman