RE: [campernicholson] cockpit drains

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 31, 2006
      Message
      Never ever had any water come back up the floor drains, despite some rather hard sailing!

      Perhaps the issue of "cockpit floor height" really depends how heavily loaded your vessel is, compared to others.   Luna Azul gave up a good 6" of waterline height when she was loaded out in cruising trim.  Her draft was close to 6', and water really poured in the lazarette drains whenever the flappers got jammed while we were motoring or hard on the wind.

      From: "JOHN LARSON" <jsl-sll@msn. com>
      To: <campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:22:32 -0600

      Al

      I wonder if there's a difference in the height of the cockpit floor on
      different ages of Nic 35s. The drains we installed were based on a drawing
      done by Camper and Nicholson which was created to correct the problem of
      insufficient cockpit drainage. The drains slope down slightly between the
      cockpit and the transom and have never even been close to the water in any
      conditions we've sailed in.

      John Larson

      The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses
      http://toolbar. live.com/ ?mkt=en-gb