new cooker

  • Maureen Curl
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2006
      I need to replace the cooker on my Nic 35 No 201 (1983).

      I cuurently have a Flavel "Vanessa".  The available space seems too small for all the cookers listed in "Practical Boat Owner" Nov 2006.

      Has anyone found a cooker that suits a Nic 35 without a galley re-fit?  Current space only 530 wide.

      Peter Curl

    • BarryR8195@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12, 2006
        Hi--We replaced the Flavel Vanessa with a Force Ten stainless stove/oven.  Look at the two burner "Euro" sizes.  They fit just fine.  --Barry Roberts
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 12, 2006
          Message
          We did the same.  The Force Ten "Euro" is a little narrower than the Flavel Vanessa (and its oven is smaller) but its a nice unit and can be installed without modification other than some teak spacer blocks on the gimbals.

          Hi--We replaced the Flavel Vanessa with a Force Ten stainless stove/oven.  Look at the two burner "Euro" sizes.  They fit just fine.  --Barry Roberts

        • Paul Lewis
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 13, 2006
            This winter we are changing Farewell's cooker from the Flavel to the Spinlo Nelson which in their spec states that they were made as a replacement to fit in the space of the Flavel Vanessa (we have checked the measurements.) The price from our local chandlers Richardsons at Island Harbour on the Isle of Wight is £475.

            Paul Lewis

            Farewell CN35/228

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2006
              Hi Maureen

              I have Nic 35 number 177.
              A few years ago we fitted a Force 10 stainless cooker which is a nice bit of kit - if not a little expensive in England.
              Fits perfectly into the space.
              Good luck

              Simon

              Maureen Curl <elaine_curl@...> wrote:
              I need to replace the cooker on my Nic 35 No 201 (1983).

              I cuurently have a Flavel "Vanessa".  The available space seems too small for all the cookers listed in "Practical Boat Owner" Nov 2006.

              Has anyone found a cooker that suits a Nic 35 without a galley re-fit?  Current space only 530 wide.

              Peter Curl

            • Denece Vincent
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 18, 2006
                I put in a Plastimo Neptune. Its actually a little narrower but went in OK. Its cheaper than the Force 10....for a reason. OK but nothing special. Broadwater also makes a really nice narrow stove. If I had seen that before I got the Plastimo I would have paid the extra gladly!!