Re: [campernicholson] Re: Nicholson Rendezvous Maine- 2007 -interested parties

  • William E. Roesner
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 11, 2006
      Scott,
      I agree! Can you try contacting the Nic 32 Association? I can do a
      posting on the Nic 31 site. But before we do this a venue should be
      decided on. So how about Tenants Harbor / Long Cove. Can a few of us
      agree that this would work for mid July and start to get the word out?
      Comments?
      Bill
      CN31-113 Blueprint

      On Sep 11, 2006, at 10:08 PM, Scott Thurston wrote:

      > Holy Smokes!!! This might grow into something!!!
      >
      > Scott

    • Ansley W. Sawyer
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 12, 2006

        I agree with Bill.

         Let us propose July 13-15, 2007 (Friday-Sunday) in Tenants Harbor for the Camper Nicholson Sailing Rendezvous.

        Ansley Sawyer
        SV Pacem
      • john.gall@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 12, 2006
          Done !

          john

          >From: "Ansley W. Sawyer" <ansleys@...>
          >Date: 2006/09/12 Tue AM 06:56:24 CDT
          >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Re: Nicholson Rendezvous Maine- 2007 -interested parties

          >I agree with Bill.   Let us propose July 13-15, 2007 (Friday-Sunday) in Tenants Harbor for the Camper Nicholson Sailing Rendezvous. Ansley SawyerSV Pacem
        • Tom1us2001
          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 12, 2006
            I may be interested in attending the rendezvous. Not sure of my scheduling yet for that far off. I'll look into it.

            Is anchoring allowed in Tenants Harbor? My reading in www.coastguides.com has found this may no be possible or well looked upon anyway.

            Tom Costello
            s/v Dream CN35-199

            "Ansley W. Sawyer" <ansleys@...> wrote:

            I agree with Bill.

             Let us propose July 13-15, 2007 (Friday-Sunday) in Tenants Harbor for the Camper Nicholson Sailing Rendezvous.

            Ansley Sawyer
            SV Pacem
            __

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Scott Thurston
            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 12, 2006
              My memory of the place (last visited 5 yrs. ago...) was there was very little anchoring space available in the harbor.  It's a lovely place, no doubt, but i think that it has it's limitations...

              Scott

              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 12, 2006
                That's why the suggestion of Long Cove - right next to Tennants s the combined destination.

                john

                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 12, 2006
                  Tenants is tight, but after a short phone call just minutes ago, I was
                  told that anchorage is possible at the head of the harbor, but my
                  recollection from 6/7 years ago is that it does shallow out there and
                  care should be taken re state of the tide etc.
                  Cod End said that they otherwise control moorings in the harbor, and
                  described them as 'bright yellow buoys' , marked 'Cod End' and are
                  available on a first come first served basis (no reservations) at $20
                  per night (this season anyway). After picking up the buoy you are to
                  come ashore at the Cod End Pier near the head of the harbor on the
                  right side (north) side of the harbor (which lies open to the east.)
                  and make your arrangements, pay etc.
                  Cod End is a fish house/ small indoor / outdoor picnic tabled
                  restaurant, selling fresh fish, lobster, (live and cooked), homemade
                  pies, burgers, chowders etc.
                  In the event of weather from the east (unusual at that time of year,
                  with the prevailing breeze from the south west ) plenty of anchorage is
                  available in Long Cove, located on the north side of the entrance to
                  Tenants Harbor and about 1/2 mile east of the Cod End Pier.
                  East Wind Inn and Restaurant eastwindinn.com is just a few feet east
                  of the Cod End Fish House, and would be a logical choice for any
                  participants from 'away' without a boat, or any sailors looking to find
                  their land legs. It also would provide a very nice venue for a more
                  formal dining/ breakfast/ meeting get together if there were any
                  interest, and I for starters would like to indicate same. Reservations
                  would probably have to be made for this however.
                  Any comments or suggestions?
                  Cheers,
                  Bill
                  CN31-113 Blueprint

                  Message 8 of 26 , Sep 12, 2006
                    Ansley,
                    And I agree with you. A Friday arrival and a Sunday departure sound
                    great to me. Gives us time to get together and really compare notes.
                    So far we're a party of two, but hopefully we can bring many more
                    onboard.
                    Cheers,
                    Bill
                    SV Blueprint