Re: Digest Number 1208

  • Kathryn Holmes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
      Don't suppose the Windpilot for sale is a Pacific Plus? That would
      be just the ticket for our 42'. -kathryn

      --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, chivaree@i... wrote:

      > Dear Group,
      >
      > re: windvanes
      >
      > We, on IONA--hull #135--used a windvane by Windpilot. The vane
      worked flawlessly until we installed a bimini. So I would suggest
      to Colin regarding his windvane, that he check the windflow over the
      feather of the vane. When we installed the bimini we never gave any
      thought to the changes in windflow the bimini installation would
      cause. It took us a good long time to finally figure out that, in
      fact, the bimini was the problem and we needed to move the feather
      up above the bimini to get clear air flow over the feather. If he
      is having trouble with his vane he needs to check the airflow
      situation as well as the installation. Is there an outboard hanging
      over the transom, a bar-b-que, anything that might change the
      airflow? Then experiment with feather positions. We are now in the
      process of changing vanes to one that will allow us to move the
      feather above the bimini. Our Windpilot is for sale--absolutely
      nothing wrong with it except that the feather is fixed and cannot be
      raised. If you do not have a bimini and are looking for a
      windvane, our Windpilot is for sale--all hardware included.