Nicholson 33

  • michael4828
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
      I own a Nicholson 33, number 27, called Diogene. I am trying to find
      buyer for this boat, and to get some history about her. It's a very
      small class - I think only 67 were built - but distinguished by twice
      winning the Fastnet race, in 1975 and again in 2005. I doubt any
      other
      30 year old boat has ever achieved that!
      If anyone has any idea who I might contact for more information, or
      is
      interested in this boat, please contact me.
      The boat is featured on http://diogene.operatics.co.uk

      Many thanks

      Michael Powell
    • sara oneill
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2005
        I own a CN 33' 1975 Ron Holland design hull # 25 O'Dege. It is an amazing
        vessel My son, aged 11, and I can handle her in most weather. we live aboard
        in the USVI and race her often winning several local titles. If Diogene is
        the same design I would love to see pictures and highly recomend her to all
        sailors who want an excellent racer/cruiser/liveaboard ESPECIALLY women
        going alone. I tried to look at the wbsite but it said it was under
        construction. Please send me specs and I will recomend her to several
        people I know who are boat shopping. I would love to have another to race
        against.
        Sara
        SV O'Dege

        >From: "michael4828" <michael.powell@...>
        >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [campernicholson] Nicholson 33
        >Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:57:58 -0000
        >
        >I own a Nicholson 33, number 27, called Diogene. I am trying to find
        >buyer for this boat, and to get some history about her. It's a very
        >small class - I think only 67 were built - but distinguished by twice
        >winning the Fastnet race, in 1975 and again in 2005. I doubt any
        >other
        >30 year old boat has ever achieved that!
        >If anyone has any idea who I might contact for more information, or
        >is
        >interested in this boat, please contact me.
        >The boat is featured on http://diogene.operatics.co.uk
        >
        >Many thanks
        >
        >Michael Powell

      • sara oneill
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2005
          I have several interested people. Please send asking price, specs and
          pictures if possible. ( Ibought mine for 15,000 us$)
          Sara