Forward hatch

  • solon_mhor
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2005
      I'm rehabing the Solon Mhor, a CN 30 built 1973 at Gosport, and have
      progressed to the point of rebedding the perspex/recaulking in the
      forward hatch. I'm encountering difficulty in removing the handles
      (which on the underside slide into lugs to lock the hatch cover down)
      from the hatch cover to remove the perspex. does anyone have
      experience with removing these to recaulk? thanks.
    • frank watt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2013
        Hi Chip & Gary,

        Thanks for the advice guys. (problem with my server - can't copy previous messages!) I don't think I will have time to order and replace the whole hatch this year so I am going to try patching up the crack with resin.

        Cheers!
        Frank
      • Gary Noble
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 14, 2013
          Hi Frank,
          The West System Epoxy in a tube should do the job. It has a tip which mixes the the two parts together as one squeezes the applicator gun. The tips are inexpensive and the tube can be resealed until the next use. One uses a new tip each time and the tip assures perfect mix proportions. The glue has a thickner in it as well so it should work well for your job. In Canada a tube costs $24 or approximately 15 pounds.
          Good luck Gary