Builder's Plate for Nic 38

  • Arild Jæger
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2005
      Message
      Dear All,

      I was invited onboard Nic 38 "Kentallen" in Puerto Mogan, Gran Canaria earlier this year.  There I discovered that the Nic 38 is supposed to have a builder's plate in the cockpit.  Back in my own boat I noticed the colour difference where this plate used to be.  I have asked Jeremy Lines whether he has a drawing of the plate, but he wasn't able to find it.  Therefore, are there any other Nic 38 owners out there with the builder's plate intact?  If so, I would very much appreciate if you could make a copy using a piece of paper and a pencil on top of the existing plate and send it to me (perhaps supplemented by a photo).

      Best regards,
      Arild Jaeger
      S/V Far Out, Nic 38/10

      arild dot jaeger at hqnorden dot com
    • Arild Jæger
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2005
        Message
        Keith,

        Thank you, that would be useful.  If you could also take a piece of paper and use a pencil to "shade it" so that the contours of the inscriptions and the borders of the plate are marked it would be most appreciated.

        Regards
        Arild

        I dont have a nic 38, but I can photograph a nic 40AC plate which is off my boat at the moment to have its wooden backing plate revarnished if its of any use.

        Regards

        Keith Chippendale

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2005
            i had a new one built by an engraver. the old one was faded (made of "formica and glued to the helm" the new one was engraved on  "bakelight" which was thicker. across the top ,  "nicholson 38 No 48    ,under that says Hull by HALMATIC,  net line (large letters)1969, next says "designed &built by, bottom line "camper nicholson. the plaque is 5"wide,3.25" ht@center,2.3"at the sides.   the cost for engravins was $12.00