rudder

  • wtrevarthen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2005
      Slow response to Ducan Kent on enlarging rudder. I added about 8.5
      inchs to the rudder last octerber. I used wood for the extention, but
      believe a foam core would be better. The larger rudder made a big
      difference in the turning radius, but it increased the normal tendency
      for the boat to turn to stbd.
      At the same time I switched to a tiller, and with the tendency
      [under power] to go to stbd. has made steering hard. I feel this is a
      prop problem, does anyone have a solution? I'm thinking of changing to
      a 3 blade prop. In the meantime a longer tiller will be a quick fix.

      Winston
      c/n35#49