Trutz, Fridge

  • Colin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2004
      Dear all,

      well, the new fridge compressor is on, old gas taken out and new gas
      in and it all seems to work a lot better. I see cold beers in my
      near future!

      Quick question for the group. Has anyone else got one of these
      compressors? It is a York type (I think) and is driven off the
      engine.

      I can see one prob that might need to be sorted in the longer term
      though. The compressor is mounted on the hull and it has no choice
      but to move independently of the flexibly mounted engine. Does
      anyone have a compressor mounted on a bracket on the engine as this
      is the preferred design I believe.

      My additional problem is that the mounting bracket for the compressor
      sits right on top of the stbd cockpit drain seacock and makes it well
      nigh impossible to get in there in an emergency or to service it in
      the usual way. This is another incentive to take steps to move the
      compressor eventually.

      If anyone has a trouble free installation of the compressor I would
      really appreciate a photo of it.

      Many thanks

      Colin

      Trutz 35/225