cn 33

  • griffin12003
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2004
      I found a few posts regarding this boat, but they were all several
      years old. I purchased one last year and decided to undertake a
      major overhaul of the boat.
      So far I have done the following:
      1. Sanded bottom to bare glass. Five coats Interprotect 2000. VC-17.
      2. Sanded entire deck. Two coats white Awl-Grip. Getting ready to
      apply awl-grip noon-skid in grey.
      3. Sanded mast, boom, spin pole. Painting in flat black.
      4. Stripped interior. Re-varnished floorboards and tiller.
      5. Stripped all deck hardware and instruments.

      So far it is looking great, and if all continues to go well I will
      be racing it next summer. Boat is located in Lake St. Clair,
      Michigan, USA. If anyone has any info or concast regarding this
      boat, please reply.
    • sara oneill
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2004
        I have a nic 33' in the USVI, getting ready ro haul out in two weeks and do
        much of the same. Would love to see pics of yours. what year is it?
        engine? have you replaced ports? I am debating it.
        Sara
        SV O'Dege

        >From: "griffin12003" <rjfarrell2@...>
        >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [campernicholson] cn 33
        >Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 07:39:24 -0000
        >

        >I found a few posts regarding this boat, but they were all several
        >years old. I purchased one last year and decided to undertake a
        >major overhaul of the boat.
        >So far I have done the following:
        >1. Sanded bottom to bare glass. Five coats Interprotect 2000. VC-17.
        >2. Sanded entire deck. Two coats white Awl-Grip. Getting ready to
        >apply awl-grip noon-skid in grey.
        >3. Sanded mast, boom, spin pole. Painting in flat black.
        >4. Stripped interior. Re-varnished floorboards and tiller.
        >5. Stripped all deck hardware and instruments.
        >
        >So far it is looking great, and if all continues to go well I will
        >be racing it next summer. Boat is located in Lake St. Clair,
        >Michigan, USA. If anyone has any info or concast regarding this
        >boat, please reply.

      • griffin12003
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2005
          I've just about finished painting the topsides of my cn 33. Now I have
          to remount all of the deck hardware. It would be incredibly helpful if
          anyone would be willing to email me photos of their deck layout. My
          address is rjfarrell2@.... I am especially interested in how
          people have rigged the babystay and the downhaul for the spin pole (can
          it be run double-ended through the handrails?). I would also like to
          know what people have done to minimize clutter in the cockpit area.
          Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would love to know what
          people think a freshwater cn33 with a new bottom, new awlgrip topsides,
          new electronics, and decent racing sails might be worth. The interior
          is stripped down for racing, but it will be painted and all of the
          woodwork is going to be redone. Thanks in advance for your help.

          -ryan