RE: [campernicholson] wheel hub taper

  • Stephen Perry
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
      I don't know the taper but my steering system is disassembled so I could
      measure it if that helps.

      >From: jmoorman@...
      >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: RE: [campernicholson] wheel hub taper
      >Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:13:03 -0500
      >
      >Hi Gang,
      >
      >Does any one knoe the taper on the GIBB shaft for the steering wheel on the
      >Nic 35? I know it is a 3/4" final at the nut...
      >
      >Jeff Moorman
      >La Boheme

    • JIM TEIPEN
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
        If anyone is already aware of, or happens to find a replacement wheel that
        will fit the hub taper on a Nich 35, it would be very helpful to know. I
        may eventually want to fit a new wheel but it appears that the commonly
        available wheels on the market will not fit.

        thanks

        Jim
        SV Alegria
        CN 35-68

        >From: "Stephen Perry" <phrf201@...>
        >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: RE: [campernicholson] wheel hub taper
        >Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:32:42 +0000
        >
        >I don't know the taper but my steering system is disassembled so I could
        >measure it if that helps.
        >

        > >From: jmoorman@...
        > >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: RE: [campernicholson] wheel hub taper
        > >Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:13:03 -0500
        > >
        > >Hi Gang,
        > >
        > >Does any one knoe the taper on the GIBB shaft for the steering wheel on
        >the
        > >Nic 35? I know it is a 3/4" final at the nut...
        > >
        > >Jeff Moorman
        > >La Boheme

      • dan hamilton
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2004
          You might consider getting a new shaft made in the US. I had the same problem on my Nic 31 when I ordered a new Max Prop.  At that time I called Camper Nicholson and got the specs ( which I could probably dig up) but then found that my old shaft had considerable electrolysis. I then had to send the Max Prop back because they had made it for the English specs.  However, the good news was that the new shaft was less then $200.00.

          Dan

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • jmoorman@ozfilms.org
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
            Jim et al,

            I am going to machine the shaft (GIBB) to fit a Beneteau wheel that I picked up from Bacon here in Annapolis. That hub is 1" deep and the taper runs from 16mm to about 22mm, the shaft is 1-1/4" and tapers from 26mm to about 18mm.

            Did I really spell that knoe???

            Thanks for your feedback gang...anyone here in Annapolis for the show?

            Jeff