RE: [campernicholson] wheel hub taper

  • jmoorman@ozfilms.org
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hi Gang,

      Does any one knoe the taper on the GIBB shaft for the steering wheel on the Nic 35? I know it is a 3/4" final at the nut...

      Jeff Moorman
      La Boheme
    • Stephen Perry
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
        I don't know the taper but my steering system is disassembled so I could
        measure it if that helps.

        >From: jmoorman@...
        >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: RE: [campernicholson] wheel hub taper
        >Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:13:03 -0500
        >
        >Hi Gang,
        >
        >Does any one knoe the taper on the GIBB shaft for the steering wheel on the
        >Nic 35? I know it is a 3/4" final at the nut...
        >
        >Jeff Moorman
        >La Boheme

      • JIM TEIPEN
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
          If anyone is already aware of, or happens to find a replacement wheel that
          will fit the hub taper on a Nich 35, it would be very helpful to know. I
          may eventually want to fit a new wheel but it appears that the commonly
          available wheels on the market will not fit.

          thanks

          Jim
          SV Alegria
          CN 35-68

          >From: "Stephen Perry" <phrf201@...>
          >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: RE: [campernicholson] wheel hub taper
          >Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:32:42 +0000
          >
          >I don't know the taper but my steering system is disassembled so I could
          >measure it if that helps.
          >

          > >From: jmoorman@...
          > >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: RE: [campernicholson] wheel hub taper
          > >Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:13:03 -0500
          > >
          > >Hi Gang,
          > >
          > >Does any one knoe the taper on the GIBB shaft for the steering wheel on
          >the
          > >Nic 35? I know it is a 3/4" final at the nut...
          > >
          > >Jeff Moorman
          > >La Boheme

        • dan hamilton
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2004
            You might consider getting a new shaft made in the US. I had the same problem on my Nic 31 when I ordered a new Max Prop.  At that time I called Camper Nicholson and got the specs ( which I could probably dig up) but then found that my old shaft had considerable electrolysis. I then had to send the Max Prop back because they had made it for the English specs.  However, the good news was that the new shaft was less then $200.00.

            Dan

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • jmoorman@ozfilms.org
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
              Jim et al,

              I am going to machine the shaft (GIBB) to fit a Beneteau wheel that I picked up from Bacon here in Annapolis. That hub is 1" deep and the taper runs from 16mm to about 22mm, the shaft is 1-1/4" and tapers from 26mm to about 18mm.

              Did I really spell that knoe???

              Thanks for your feedback gang...anyone here in Annapolis for the show?

              Jeff