Re: Thanks everyone. I'll try Gebo.

  • sailbahama
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2004
      ---
      Dennis,

      Gebo did e mail me with the phone number of their USA division.
      (see below) I spoke with them and gave them the part number provided
      in the photo section of this forum. The gebo rep stated that the
      records show that Gebo did not, at time of construction, supply any
      ports for the camper nicholson 31, but I did not ask him if their
      records showed if they provided ports for the 35.

      Dear Sir,
      Thank you for your mail and you have the correct partnumber.
      Goods can be obtained from Gebo North America Inc- Thomaston,ME
      tel. 207 354 3552

      On the chance that it would fit, I ordered approx 30 feet of the
      material and it arrived quickly. I do not have a piece of the
      original stuff (it's still holding the lexan into the ports on the
      boat, and the boat is in the Abacos) to compare, but it looks close
      if not exact.

      From memory, I'm guessing that it's not going to be an exact fit,
      which of course will be a problem. I won't know for a couple of
      months if it fits, as I won't be back on the boat until that time.

      I do know that my ports are leaking slightly, because when I
      replaced the lexan, I re used the black rubber glazing material,
      which was not a great solution.

      Also, for your info, the Gebo rep says not to put any sort of
      silicone or other goop between their black rubber glaze product and
      the lexan. He says the rubber will seal out water if it's a proper
      fit in the frame.

      Hope this helps
      Jeff