help identify this boat

  • samuel_qh
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2004
      Hello,

      We recently purchased an older camper nicholson cruising sailboat,
      aproximately 32 - 35' in length.

      The markings in the for peak are:

      ON 303876 R.T. 6 82/100

      Thanks,

      Sam
    • svwantok@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 16, 2004
        Sam,

        Is there a plate inside the transom coaming ?  this would probably give you the hull number.   More manufacturing and shipment data could then be acquired thru Jeremy Lines (CN volunteer archivist).

        On the basis of what you have: the boat was registered in Ontario under #303876; the other data normally relates to tonnage.  More registration in should be available thru Transport Canada.

        I can locate the websites for you if you wish.

        Where are  you located?

        Patricia Smith  (Ottawa, Ontario)

        In a message dated 15/07/2004 5:39:17 AM GMT Daylight Time, samhalperin@... writes:
        Hello,

        We recently purchased an older camper nicholson cruising sailboat,
        aproximately 32 - 35' in length.

        The markings in the for peak are:

        ON 303876  R.T. 6 82/100

        Thanks,

        Sam

        ------------------------
      • Ann & Roger Haggar
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 16, 2004
          If you can give me the boat model, ie Nich 31,32,35 etc and hull no, should
          be a plate somewhere I may be able to identify as I have the C & N book
          identifying all hull Nos. since prewar, WW2 that is!
          Rgds Roger Haggar.

          >From: "samuel_qh" <samhalperin@...>
          >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [campernicholson] help identify this boat
          >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 04:26:42 -0000
          >
          >Hello,
          >
          >We recently purchased an older camper nicholson cruising sailboat,
          >aproximately 32 - 35' in length.
          >
          >The markings in the for peak are:
          >
          >ON 303876 R.T. 6 82/100
          >
          >Thanks,
          >
          >Sam

          Add photos to your messages with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*
        • Samuel Halperin
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 18, 2004
            hmm.. interesting.  Where exactly do you mean?
            Unfortunately, part of the woodwork around the transom
            has been damaged and ripped away completely.

            Are you talking about something visible from on
            deck, or something visible from inside the laz?

            Sam

            At 07:59 PM 7/16/2004, you wrote:
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            []
            []

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Samuel Halperin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 18, 2004
              Actually, that is what I am trying to ascertain.
              We bought her at auction, where she was sold
              as a Camper Nicholson.  We have had her for
              about five years, and only just got around to
              actually checking exactly what model she is.

              I have as of yet been unable to find any kind of manufacturers
              markings other than the carving in the forepeak.

              Sam

              At 09:33 PM 7/16/2004, you wrote:
              If you can give me the boat model, ie Nich 31,32,35 etc and hull no, should
              be a plate somewhere I may be able to identify as I have the C & N book
              identifying all hull Nos. since prewar, WW2 that is!
              Rgds Roger Haggar.

              >From: "samuel_qh" <samhalperin@...>
              >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [campernicholson] help identify this boat
              >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 04:26:42 -0000
              >
              >Hello,
              >
              >We recently purchased an older camper nicholson cruising sailboat,
              >aproximately 32 - 35' in length.
              >
              >The markings in the for peak are:
              >
              >ON 303876  R.T. 6 82/100
              >
              >Thanks,
              >
              >Sam

              Add photos to your messages with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              []
              []

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Colin Campbell-Dunlop
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 19, 2004
                Message
                Being Nicholson 'spotters' Jo and I will have a look in to it for you.  First impressions though, having looked at the photos suggest an East Coast (of UK) design although the deep draft wouldn't fit in with that theory.

                Will get back to you

                Colin Campbell-Dunlop
                Paradigm Search & Selection Limited
                No1 Poultry
                London EC2R 8JR

                Tel 00 44 (0) 20 7643 2235
                Mob 00 44 (0) 786 662 5724

                www.paradigmsearch.com

                At 09:33 PM 7/16/2004, you wrote:
                If you can give me the boat model, ie Nich 31,32,35 etc and hull no, should
                be a plate somewhere I may be able to identify as I have the C & N book
                identifying all hull Nos. since prewar, WW2 that is!
                Rgds Roger Haggar.

                >From: "samuel_qh" <samhalperin@...>
                >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [campernicholson] help identify this boat
                >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 04:26:42 -0000
                >
                >Hello,
                >
                >We recently purchased an older camper nicholson cruising sailboat,
                >aproximately 32 - 35' in length.
                >
                >The markings in the for peak are:
                >
                >ON 303876  R.T. 6 82/100
                >
                >Thanks,
                >
                >Sam

                Add photos to your messages with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                []
                []

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Tony Howard
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
                  On Thursday 15 July 2004 05:26, samuel_qh wrote:
                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > We recently purchased an older camper nicholson cruising sailboat,
                  > aproximately 32 - 35' in length.
                  >
                  > The markings in the for peak are:
                  >
                  > ON 303876 R.T. 6 82/100

                  These marking are typical of vessels registered under Part 1 of the UK's
                  Merchant Shipping Act.

                  I have similar numbers engraved on a beam in the forecabin of Judicious.

                  The first is the official number, the second is the registered tonnage.

                  You should be able to get full details of type and manufactrer, previous
                  registed owners, date of bulid, engines, etc, from:

                  Registry of Shipping & Seamen
                  P.O Box 165
                  Cardiff
                  CF14 5JA