London Boat Show

  • Cristina N. Staats
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 1999
      To: Anyone going to London for the boat show
      From: Jack and Cristina Staats

      Is there still a group planning on attending the London Boat Show, and
      meeting to get acquainted? We are very sorry not to have communicated
      earlier, but we have been tied up with the death of Jack's mother.
      We will be in London from January 13-21. (We travel on the
      12-13th) We would love to rendezvous with the group if the jet lag
      allows. Simon Bradshaw had offered to organize something I think.
      If my memory serves me he will be there Tuesday and Wednesday and
      suggested meeting at the Guiness Stand. However according to some
      British boating magazines we have looked at, there will be no Guiness
      stand this year--what is the fall back position? I think Chris Boyle
      also offered something as well. I just can't remember--please forgive
      me.
      We are staying at a little bed-and-breakfast in Fulham run by an
      acquaintance of mine. We can be reached through her at 171-385-8528.
      If we are not right at her house, she will know where we are. You can
      leave messages there for us about getting together.
      We plan on going to talk to the CN people as well as the Watermota
      people while we are there. Has anyone else set up a meeting with either
      of these two firms? Maybe we are all interested in the same sort of
      information and can join forces somehow to get greater benefit from our
      visits.
      We look forward to meeting other CN owners as well as making new
      sailing acquaintances. Please let us know what plans, if any, are in
      place.
      Sincerely, Jack and Cristina Staats
    • Simon Bradshaw
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 1999
        Christina,

        Yes you are right. There is a meeting of like minded persons at the boat
        Show. This is scheduled for 14:00 on the 13th (Wednesday) at the
        Guinness stand (Yes there is a Guinness Stand, it is on the Ground Floor
        on the right towards the right hand side of the Pond.)

        The meeting is actually for contributors to the Yachting Monthly
        "Scuttlebutt" forum. This will be the first time that the contributors
        have got together. However you would be more than welcome to join us.

        Simon S. Bradshaw

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 1999
          BTW,

          I emailed cherrryl at CN and any of you can pick up my stantion. If anyone
          can get info on electric windless's, pass it along.
          Have fun,

          ----------

        • John Larson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 1999
            From: John Larson

            Dear Dennis,

            It's not looking good for us to pick up your stantion at Camper &
            Nicholsons. Since no one will be there to show us around, I don't think we
            will be going to Gosport. If things change and we do go, we'll be sure to
            get it.

            Regards, John

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 1999
              Dennis,

              I live about 80 miles from Gosport, I could pickup your stantion post
              and pass it along to any USA persons going to the London Boat show. Or
              I could mail it to you (cost????). Any thoughts?

              Simon S. Bradshaw

              TOPCALL UK Limited
              Communications Process Re-Engineering
              DDI - 0118 952 8917
              PBX - 0118 952 8900
              FAX - 0118 952 8901
              CELL - 07775 655 101
              URL - www.TOPCALL.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 6, 1999
                Simon,
                If it is not too much trouble and you plan to go to the boat show anyway,
                that would be great. The great thing about winter is that i am not in any
                hurry.