RE: [campernicholson] New to the list

  • Colin Campbell-Dunlop
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
      Dear Katie and Simon,

      Thanks for sending your list of owners and boat names for the Nic 35, it
      made interesting reading!

      You may recall that we had a chat via email a while back when you were
      thinking of selling your boat in Turkey. I can totally understand why
      you decided to keep her!

      My situation is that I have bought ''Trutz'' which is hull number 225.
      She is currently lying in Vilamoura Marina in Portugal and I intend to
      have her shipped back here to the UK where we will be doing a bit of a
      refit before sailing her in July on our honeymoon! You could say that I
      will incentvise the boat yard to finish the work on time.

      Just to fill in a bit of information, Trutz has the Perkins 4-108 with
      only 1100 hours. She was built in 1986 for a German called Hans Knuppel
      who sailed her from Campers Yard (where I will be mooring her) to
      Portugal himself. To say that she was fully spec'd would be an
      understatement. Spare sprayhood, loo seat, intercoolers, 4 autopilots
      etc etc. The description of her hull colour as ''dark red'' made us
      chuckle. It is actually a most unflattering brown which we intend to
      change to cream during the refit.

      Needless to say, we can't wait to get her back here to the UK. We
      complete the sale very soon and then I will make a general announcement
      to the group for information.

      I had a look down through your list, we actually see quite a few of
      these boats sailing in the Solent on quite a regular basis including
      Drifter (gorgeous boat) and Syrinx which now has very nice blue
      topsides.

      If we see any others which don't feature on your list I will do my best
      to remember to email you.

      Anyway,

      Happy New Year!

      Colin and Jo

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
        Colin,

        Congratulations on your new boat! What a wonderful way to start the New
        Year. Thanks also for the information - I'll update my list and re-issue it
        in a few days when I've collected all the replies.

        Bye-the-way, I'm not sure if you realised that by replying to my note you
        also replied to the CN group. So don't be surprised if you get some replies
        from the other members.

        I'll look forward to hearing about your progress with Trutz. Please involve
        us all if you have any questions.

        http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
      • Kique
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
          Hi, Simon and Katie:

          Name: Defiance
          Location: Sevilla (Spain)
          Color: Light Blue (will be change to white in few
          weeks.
          Year: 1980 (In Camper plaque).

          What about a Internet page for our group?

          Curiously, I read in Internet some days ago about my
          "new" Defiance, with a "ready to sail" ad. Now, I
          think that ready not meaning the same to seller and
          buyer...

          My CN need some extensive work to be ready for sailing
          (afther ten years of waiting for a good owner).

          Regards,

          Kique Morcillo

          --- Katie and Simon <katieandsimon@...> wrote:
          > Kique,
          >
          > Buenos dias! and welcome to the Nic 35 group. At
          > #194 your boat is probably
          > very similar to ours (#202) so I'm looking forward
          > to our discussions with
          > you. Our boat originally had the VW Piranha engine
          > but before we bought it
          > the engine was change to a Perkins 4-108 which we're
          > very happy with.
          >
          > Please send me some more details of your boat - the
          > name, previous names,
          > location, colour and anything else you'd like to
          > tell us. I'll add the
          > information to the list I keep - see attachment - if
          > you have any
          > information about other boats to add to the list
          > please let me know.
          >
          > (Note to other members of the group - following a
          > hard disc problem earlier
          > this year I had to reinstall files from a backup
          > disc, and I'm not certain
          > that this is the most recent version of the list. If
          > you see any errors or
          > have any new data please let me know!)
          >
          > Happy New Year to you, Kique, and to all the members
          > of the group. Fair
          > winds for 2004!
          >
          > Simon & Katie
          > Gin Rummy, CN35-202

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          >

          > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/vnd.ms-excel
          name=Nicholson 35 list.xls

          http://search.yahoo.com/top2003