Nic 35 in Latitude

  • Bob Salmons
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2003
      The Nicholson 35 mentioned in Latitude was an aluminum hulled IOR boat.
      I think maybe a one-off 35 foot Nicholson rather than a Nicholson 35.

      In other news, I am currently doing an interior overhaul of Liberty
      (hull 21). We are replacing the upholstered overhead and cabin carlins
      with more traditional wood. I have stripped the vinyl off the bulkheads
      and replacing it with paint. The result of the update is to make the
      interior more classic, if that is possible. I will post pictures when
      the project is completed. Then, I will strip the existing woodwork
      and refinish it. I plan on re-doing the propane system by hanging new
      aluminum tanks off the stern pulpit. I plan on replacing the NECO
      autopilot with a W-H autopilot, and replacing the Vallient water heater
      with a showermate by Precision temp. I would also like to replace the
      toe-rails with aluminum, if feasible. Iona (I think), on one of the
      other members is working on it. What cross section are you considering
      and how do you plan on adapting it to the varying width of the rail?

      The rebuilt Perkins 4-107 is now running like a top. Matt painted the
      motor white so leaks would be more apparent. Next, remove the teak
      decks. They are too worn to hold caulking. Congratulation to Montauk
      on the salvage and welcome to the prospective new owner. These are
      wonderful sailboats and will give you a lifetime of pleasure and
      satisfaction.

      Bob Salmons
    • WBV9803@sailmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2003
        Ah.
        Sort of a "when is a CN35 NOT a CN35"?

        So what is it? Did C&N make such a boat simultaneous to the Nich 35 we all know and love?

        Denece
        Confused in La Paz MX
        Do not push the "reply" button to respond to this
        message if that includes the text of this original
        message in your response. Messages are sent over a
        very low-speed radio link.

        The most concise way to reply is to send a NEW message
        to: WBV9803@...
        If you DO use your reply button, be sure to delete
        the original message text and these instructions
        from your reply.

        Replies should not contain attachments and should be
        less than 5 kBytes (2 text pages) in length.

        This email was delivered by an HF private coast station
        in the Maritime Mobile Radio Service, operated by the
        SailMail Association, a non-profit association of yacht
        owners. For more information on this service or on the
        SailMail Association, please see the web site at:
        http://www.sailmail.com