New Member

  • quaesita
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi I have just bought a Nicholson 38, which has not been loved for a
      few years so I am working my way through from end to end to get her
      up to scratch again.
      Does anyone know how the rudder comes off? The shaft seems to be
      split with a collar and keys. The rudder moves slightly around the
      shaft, is the shaft dropped down into the rudder and keyed in? or
      should I split and rebuild the rudder? Wish I had trained as an
      engineer rather than running an office!
      Many thanks
      Larry
    • pwalzer
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
        Larry - I belong to a Nic 39. On the Nic 39, the rudder/shaft drops out.

        Peter

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 25, 2009
          Hello to all group members.

          How I fill out a members file? I have my owned Nic 32, Jolie, since 1980.

          Cheers, John Dean
        • E. Morcillo
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 25, 2009

            Hello and welcome to our group!.

            Enrique Morcillo
            CN35 #194 Defiance

            How I fill out a members file? I have my owned Nic 32, Jolie, since 1980.

            Cheers, John Dean

            <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:campernicholson-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:campernicholson-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Denece Vincent
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 26, 2009
              You should be able to log in to the members area and update information.

              Sent: 2/25/2009 8:54:58 PM
              Subject: Re: [campernicholson] New Member

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/campernich olson/join
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:campernichol son-digest@ yahoogroups. com
              mailto:campernichol son-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

              http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

            • bluedays209
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 30, 2009
                Hello Everybody

                We have just joined the group having bought N35/209 Blue Days from Michael Forsdyke who relinquished ownership to us in June this year.

                She was berthed in Whitehaven UK but has now been moved to Dover UK where she will be based.

                We both love the boat and are impressed with her comfortable performance.

                Is there a UK Nicholson 35 association? If so I havn't had much success in locating it.

                Regards and happy sailing

                John Morgan & Sue Rickard
              • Dkgibbons
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 30, 2009
                  There is a very active UK association, but it is not online (insert
                  sarcastic comment regarding Brits here). I have the contact info at
                  home and will forward it to you
                  CN35-20$

                  Sent from my iPod

                  On Nov 30, 2009, at 7:30 AM, bluedays209 <bluedays209@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Everybody
                  >
                  > We have just joined the group having bought N35/209 Blue Days from
                  > Michael Forsdyke who relinquished ownership to us in June this year.
                  >
                  > She was berthed in Whitehaven UK but has now been moved to Dover UK
                  > where she will be based.
                  >
                  > We both love the boat and are impressed with her comfortable
                  > performance.
                  >
                  > Is there a UK Nicholson 35 association? If so I havn't had much
                  > success in locating it.
                  >
                  > Regards and happy sailing
                  >
                  > John Morgan & Sue Rickard

                • b_a_t_e_a_u
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 1, 2009
                    A very beautiful boat which as far as I could ascertain was well maintained with only light use. Good luck with her and welcome to the forum. I am refitting Charlotte (nee Tamar) #138 and am always impressed with the amount of knowledge available from a very helpful and passionate group of people. My boat is in pieces in Turkey and I cant wait to get her sailing soon.

                    Best of luck with Blue Days

                    Graham
                    Nic 35 Charlotte #138

                    --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "bluedays209" <bluedays209@...> wrote:

                    > Hello Everybody
                    >
                    > We have just joined the group having bought N35/209 Blue Days from Michael Forsdyke who relinquished ownership to us in June this year.
                    >
                    > She was berthed in Whitehaven UK but has now been moved to Dover UK where she will be based.
                    >
                    > We both love the boat and are impressed with her comfortable performance.
                    >
                    > Is there a UK Nicholson 35 association? If so I havn't had much success in locating it.
                    >
                    > Regards and happy sailing
                    >
                    > John Morgan & Sue Rickard

                  • John Morgan
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 2, 2009
                      Good Morning Graham

                      Thank you for your warm welcome.

                      Sorry to hear Charlotte (nice name) is in bits, I hope the work finishes soon and you can get sailing. At least the weather in Turkey shouldn't hold things up.

                      Yes Blue Days appears to be in a very sound condition which reflected the price asked. We bought her on the spot, subject to survey, which, unbelievably, bearing in mind some of the tales on the Forum, only came up with a couple of minor points needing attention.

                      Regards and good luck

                      John