Re: [campernicholson] B&G Error

  • JIM TEIPEN
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
      I was getting an error 17 caused by interference from my SSB transmissions.
      By successively disconnecting and reconnecting cables, I traced the problem
      to the cable between the depth transducer and the unit in the cockpit which
      was corrected by placing ferrite beads on either end of the cable. Even
      though the problem was just with a single cable on one unit, the entire
      network (wind, speed, depth, autopilot, etc) would crash and read 'error 17'

      Denece, it's good that you've been able to trace your error to just the
      depth unit. I'd be tempted to wait a bit and see if everything dries out
      enough to make the problem go away. Or you might try a little external
      heat, say from a hair dryer if you have the power to run one.

      One other thought, from my experience, leaving the instrument covers on
      during rainy weather pretty much just guarnatees that moisture will be
      trapped between the cover and the instruments. On the advice from the B&G
      tech service, I drilled a couple of small holes in the lower edge of the
      instrument covers, one near each corner, to allow moisture to escape.
      According to B&G, the covers mostly serve as protection for the LCD
      displays and unit from UV exposure with water supposedly not being an issue.
      I generally leave the covers completely off during winters here in
      California when it rains and put them on during the rest of the year which
      are mostly dry.

      Jim
      S/V Alegria
      CN 35 - 68

      >From: Tom1us2001 <tom1us2001@...>
      >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [campernicholson] B&G Error
      >Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:25:59 -0700 (PDT)

      High-speed Internet access as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local
      service providers in your area). Click here. https://broadband.msn.com