Annapolis Boat Show

  • Steve Lochner
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 9, 1998
      Good Morning CN List:

      I had earlier posted a note that I would be working at the SSCA booth at
      the Annapolis show Sunday AM - and hoped to meet other CN folk there. I
      have since been advised that the SSCA booth is not happening - and
      therefore must rescind my prior invitation.

      Jack & Cris - my sons and I will be there Sat. & Sun. - don't know how to
      catch up with you there now in the absence of the SSCA booth - my cell # is
      419-357-4212 - might have it on me. We are in the process of refitting a
      CN 48 from stem to stern - so a conversation with a CN owner whose boat is
      really in the water would be most inspirational!!

      Have a great weekend.

      Steve Lochner.
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 9, 1998
        Looks like I will be wandering around on Sunday also

        ----------
        > From: Steve Lochner <slochner@...>
        > To: campernicholson@...
        > Subject: [campernicholson] Annapolis Boat Show
        > Date: Friday, October 09, 1998 8:47 AM
        >
        > From: Steve Lochner <slochner@...>
        >
        > Good Morning CN List:
        >
        > I had earlier posted a note that I would be working at the SSCA booth at
        > the Annapolis show Sunday AM - and hoped to meet other CN folk there. I
        > have since been advised that the SSCA booth is not happening - and
        > therefore must rescind my prior invitation.
        >
        > Jack & Cris - my sons and I will be there Sat. & Sun. - don't know how to
        > catch up with you there now in the absence of the SSCA booth - my cell #
        is
        > 419-357-4212 - might have it on me. We are in the process of refitting a
        > CN 48 from stem to stern - so a conversation with a CN owner whose boat
        is
        > really in the water would be most inspirational!!
        >
        > Have a great weekend.
        >
        > Steve Lochner.

      • Denece &/or Bob Vincent
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 10, 1998
          Totally off the subject....but is there any chance someone attending the show
          would be wiling to get a copy of the Pardeys new book for me and get it
          inscribed? I am a great fan of their books and have been scheming on how to do
          this, I wrote their publisher but got only a copy of the press release in
          response.
          Thanks

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 12, 1998
            Sorry, I didn't get this e-mail until I got home (with radar and slr mount)

            ----------

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 6, 1999
              Send me a copy if you can. Have you been able to open the Word document?
              Dennis Gibbons
              dennis-gibbons@...
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 6, 1999

              • svwantok@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 31, 2002
                  Hi there!

                  Alan and I plan to go to the boat show during the 2nd week.  A daughter getting married in Ottawa on Oct 4th.

                  I n otice several members seem to be based in Annapolis, and think it would be great to meet you.  Also anyone else who is going to be in the area that week.  Should we have a CN GAM?

                  Patricia
                  WANTOK
                  cn35/210

                  Patricia Smith
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 1, 2002
                    We plan on attending Friday 11th. Theoretically Sat 12th is our departure
                    date, but of course, all things are somewhat flexible from then out!
                    Graham

                    > Hi there!
                    >
                    > Alan and I plan to go to the boat show during the 2nd week. A daughter
                    > getting married in Ottawa on Oct 4th.
                    >
                    > I n otice several members seem to be based in Annapolis, and think it
                    > would be great to meet you. Also anyone else who is going to be in
                    > the area that week. Should we have a CN GAM?
                    >
                    > Patricia
                    > WANTOK
                    > cn35/210
                    >

                    > Patricia Smith
                  • (no author)
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 1, 2002
                      > Do you have a Lavac head?
                      > When you teed your washdown pump into the head intake line, did this
                      > adversely affect the operation of the head?
                      > Did you tee into the head intake below the waterline?
                      > Thanks,
                      > Harrison

                      Yes, somewhat, and yes :)

                      I tee'd into the head supply line under the shower sump, which should most
                      definitely be below the waterline. First I tried using a check valve in
                      the upstream head supply, but this made the head quite hard to flush (pump
                      a gazillion times to get any water). After that I removed the check
                      value, but this allowed air to be drawn back into the washdown pump... it
                      did fix the head flushing problem though! Separate supplies were
                      definitely the way to go for me, but heck, if it works for you then great!
                      Graham
                    • svwantok@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 1, 2002
                        Tom, Graham, .....

                        At this point, It looks as though Friday 11th or Saturday 12th would be good.
                        Let's keep this open for a while: to see if others may be there; we also have the "cast in Jello" of sailing plans.

                        Lunch sounds good, or Happy Hour.  Let's play it by ear for now, and think about possible meeting places: for example there is a good, friendly italian restaurant just across the street from the main exit.
                        Patricia

                        1..We plan on attending Friday 11th.  Theoretically Sat 12th is our departure
                        date, but of course, all things are somewhat flexible from then out!
                        Graham Luna Azul, cn220

                        2..Patricia,  I will be at the show for 1 of the days
                        (saturday). I would like to meet other CN owners as
                        well. I think Graham Norbury is thinking of going and
                        we have mentioned a casual meet but have made no
                        permanent plans. I wouldn't even know how to arrange
                        such a meet. got any ideas? at lunch or something?

                        Tom Costello
                        Dream cn35/199

                        Alan and I plan to go to the boat show during the 2nd week.  A daughter getting married in Ottawa on Oct 4th.

                        I n otice several members seem to be based in Annapolis, and think it would be great to meet you.  Also anyone else who is going to be in the area that week.  Should we have a CN GAM?

                        Patricia, WANTOK, cn35/210

                      • John R Staats
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
                          Dear Group,

                          Anyone planning on attending the Annapolis Boat Show? Peter and Betty
                          Walzer, Jack and Crissie Staats will meet at the Fordam Microbrew at 3 pm
                          Friday October 10. Fordam is on West Street 3 doors down from the circle at
                          the top of the hill from City Dock. It's an easy walk from the show.
                          Looking forward to meeting any Nicholson owners who can attend.

                          For those attending the show, or locals, who cannot meet at the above time,
                          I will be in front of Fawcetts Marine store each day between noon and 12:30
                          pm. I will wear my red/white KB8RJ baseball cap. We could make contact
                          any one of the show dates then arrange something mutually compatible.

                          Looking forward to meeting you.

                          Jack (KB8RJ) and Crissie (WD8KUR) Staats
                          s/v Iona (CN35 #135) currently in Malta for the winter
                          We will be in Annapolis from Wednesday Oct 8 through Monday Oct 13.