RE: [campernicholson] (unknown)

  • pwalzer
    Message 1 of 17 , May 2, 2003
      I cruise the upper Chesapeake Bay. Heading down to Norfolk in July.

          Peter
      Message 2 of 17 , May 15, 2003
        Dear Pascal:

        I did not see your message until today when I was reviewing another
        e-mail. The CN 40 ds and our boat the CN 40ac were built at the same
        time by Camper-Nicholsons. The hulls of boat boats were effectively
        copies of a very successful hull design on the older CN 39. There is a
        lost if information on all the CN boats and photos on the King Agency
        website in the UK. The firm site can by found by a web search. There
        are two of the Deck Salon models that we see here on the Chesapeake and
        I am not sure either is on this list.

        Jim Favors, whose boat Mahina Aka has been the lead boat in a number
        of long distance rallies in the states from the Chesapeake to Maine and
        from the Chesapeake to the Bahamas. I would guess he has put 10,000 or
        15, 000 ocean miles under the keel. You can contact him at
        www.nautechenterprises.com.

        The other boat is owned by a couple that have sailed her long distances.
        The boat's name is I Wanda and we see her almost every year in the fall
        in the Chesapeake. I no longer have their email address but maybe you
        could find them on the world crusing list on yahoo or by a Goggle search.
        They are very nice folks.

        Both boats have had a lot of use by their current owners and would by
        very helpful I believe.

      • Maniakho@aol.com
        Message 3 of 17 , May 17, 2003
          Thx very much for your message.
          There is not a lot of CN in France , and its very interresting to talk with poeple who have the same boat.( or to " try to talk " , because i have a big probleme with english language ..)
          Best regards
          Pascal
        • BarryR8195@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , May 26, 2003
            Hi everyone--Well, it looks like the 1977 Watermota Sea Panther on our Nic 35
            Wildflower is finally giving up. I 'd like some thoughts on a replacement.
            What's a good fit? What's been you rxperienc on rerliability and ease of
            service? Any ideas on what the costs might be to replace the engine?--Barry
            Message 5 of 17 , May 26, 2003
              I think Blue Pearl has been happy with their (what else) Yanmar
              email: dennis dash gibbons at worldnet dot att dot net

            • BarryR8195@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , May 26, 2003
                Dennis--Which model Yanmar did you install? How does it fit? What has been
                your experience with it? Did you also replace the transmission? We have a
                massive Hurth transmission that seems to be OK. --Barry
                Message 7 of 17 , May 26, 2003
                  I'm sorry if I was unclear. It is not I who have the Yanmar. It is Denise
                  Vincent and her husband aboard Blue Pearl who put in the Yanmar. I don't
                  know the specifics.
                  sorry

                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 4, 2003
                    I believe that when the previous owner of my boat put the maxiprop on it,
                    the prop had to be costumed bored. Mary, what did you do when you had the
                    new prop on Levity?
                    email: dennis dash gibbons at worldnet dot att dot net
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 4, 2003
                      You likely have a metric taper on your shaft. I replaced my two bladed
                      fixed prop with an Autostream feathering prop earlier this year. The
                      original shaft was 1 1/8" and after getting the old prop off, the shop told
                      me that it was a metric keyway and taper. Autostream makes a prop for a
                      metric taper but I would have had to order it at incremental cost and lead
                      time as I recall. I had the prop shop make a new shaft at 1 1/8 with SAE
                      taper.

                      Love the prop by the way, one of the best investments I've made on the boat.

                      Jim
                      S/V Alegria
                      CN 35 - 68

                      >From: "svlivelylady" <sanukd@...>
                      >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [campernicholson] (unknown)
                      >Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:17:59 -0000

                      Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account is over
                      limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
                    • jmoorman@ozfilms.org
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 4, 2003
                        So Dennis, Halloween is over except for propellers?

                        On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:22:39 -0500, "Dennis Gibbons"
                        wrote:

                        > I believe that when the previous owner of my boat put
                        > the maxiprop on it,
                        > the prop had to be costumed bored. Mary, what did you
                        > do when you had the
                        > new prop on Levity?
                        > Dennis Gibbons
                        > S/V Dark Lady
                        > CN35-207
                        > email: dennis dash gibbons at worldnet dot att dot net

                      • Stephen Perry
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 5, 2003
                          Dennis - Steve ordered the new J-prop with the proper specifications of
                          diameter & taper.
                          We had been given these by the previous owner.

                          Mary

                          >From: "Dennis Gibbons" <dennis-gibbons@...>
                          >To: <campernicholson@yahoogroups.com>
                          >Subject: Re: [campernicholson] (unknown)
                          >Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:22:39 -0500
                          >
                          >I believe that when the previous owner of my boat put the maxiprop on it,
                          >the prop had to be costumed bored. Mary, what did you do when you had the
                          >new prop on Levity?
                          >Dennis Gibbons
                          >S/V Dark Lady
                          >CN35-207
                          >email: dennis dash gibbons at worldnet dot att dot net

                        • George Nauman
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 1, 2009
                          Burce,
                          Attached is the GSOC board Of Director list.
                          George Nauman 336-693-5979
                          Message 13 of 17 , Sep 1, 2009
                            Hi George, just curious what is happening as just joined the group. We are in the colonies so slow to get on board. Our boat is named Whakarra and we are the original owners. We would like to participate in future events eventhough we would need to fly to events. Committed CN owners. Gary and Sandy Noble

                            Attached is the GSOC board Of Director list.
                            George Nauman 336-693-5979
                            As we are only a couple of weeks away I am assuming that the six boats coming can all still make it and that we will be 14 for dinner as I need to tell Robert at Gins-2x6 plus 2 extras on Andromeda.

                            HW is at 1837 but is neaps so no probs really. There will be 3 berths available on the walk ashore pontoon with 3 others opposite on the pontoon.

                            Perhaps you could reconfirm your attendance and as ever there is plenty of room for late entries!!

                            Simon

                            07950 193560

                            Dear all,

                          • MARK HOENKE
                            Message 14 of 17 , Apr 17 8:45 AM

                            I had already replied to Peter but there seems to be more interest.  My advice.

                            I recommend you consider laying down free boards such as these in my 58 Camper. You can see the cut-out for the Edson binnacle. It is all teak.  I added 1/8 inch X 1 X 3 plastic shims screwed to the edges with C-sunk flat heads so that the wood does not lay in water.  The open design is comfortable, drains well, - and so is not too slippery and does not encourage mold.  Loose, it is easy to remove for care and attention away from the boat. Large holes line up with the cockpit drains.  I used the usual UV inhibited varnish.  You could certainly oil.  Refinishing is easy – take it to a service with a dip tank and it will come back totally clean.

                            I seem to recall seeing pre-made boards like this or perhaps a service that can make them to your measurements. Mine is about 1-3/4 thick at the solid boards.

                            The other quick & easy is to put down Plasteak or Plasdeck  http://www.plasdeck.com  and never touch it again.  http://www.plasteak.com/osc