Toe Rail replacement

  • iona350
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
      Has anyone replaced the toe rail on their Nicholson 35? Our teak
      rail has been sanded so many times that the wood is flush with the
      screw heads holding the rail. No room for bungs. The rail is also
      damaged in several places. Wisp replaced theirs with aluminum rail
      (like C&C yachts). We have been unable to locate a similar rail
      here in Spain. Any suggestions?

      Jack and Crissie
      s/v Iona CN 35 #135
      Cartagena, Spain
    • BarryR8195@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
        Jack; Chrissie---Several years ago a portion of our toe rail was damaged. We had it replaced by Larry Belkov in Annapolis. He's a first rate marine carpenter. The section of rail that he replaced is better quality than the original. --Barry Roberts