Nic 32 - Cockpit water leaks

  • ilbacio32 <hamiltonve@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2003
      I'm new to your group and am looking for other Nic 32 owners who
      might have the same problem I have. I purchased the boat about two
      years ago and love it. It's a Mark X that was restored by the
      previous owner. They invested lots of money and had the boat
      Awlgrip'd, new electrical, plumbing, sails,...the works.

      My problem is I live in the Seattle area and with weather being what
      it is in the Puget Sound area, I get a lot of water from the cockpit
      migrating down through the cockpit hatch lids and the engine access
      hatch on the floor. Has anyone found a good gasket that seems to
      keep the water out of the bilge?

      Dave - Nic 32 - Il Bacio
    • Joe Roper (private)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2003
        Hi

        I have a Nic 32 Mark V. A simple solution to the engine hatch leaking is cover the cockpit floor with loose fitting (cut to fit but not stuck down) non slip rubber matting, this also gives more confidence when moving around or stepping into the cockpit.

        Also the size of the cockpit drain holes could do with enlarging - there are 4 on mine, each 3/4 of an inch diameter - these easily become blocked. 1 1/2" would probably be more suitable to get the water away quickly.

        Yours

        Joe

        I'm new to your group and am looking for other Nic 32 owners who
        might have the same problem I have. I purchased the boat about two
        years ago and love it. It's a Mark X that was restored by the
        previous owner. They invested lots of money and had the boat
        Awlgrip'd, new electrical, plumbing, sails,...the works.

        My problem is I live in the Seattle area and with weather being what
        it is in the Puget Sound area, I get a lot of water from the cockpit
        migrating down through the cockpit hatch lids and the engine access
        hatch on the floor. Has anyone found a good gasket that seems to
        keep the water out of the bilge?

        Dave - Nic 32 - Il Bacio

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2821106.4184440.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705065791:HM/A=1327985/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870024;7586687;x?http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>
        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2821106.4184440.1925585/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1327985/rand=457530452>

        http://www.star.net.uk <http://www.star.net.uk>

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31 2:59 PM
          http://platinum.yahoo.com