Winter project

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
      While everyone is busy varnishing, I will try and assemble an Danny Greene
      "Chameleon". I bought the plans and a set of custom waterproof clamps.
      Steve "Levity" Perry has volunteered to make sure I don't cut my hands off.
      According to the plans, it should be the perfect offshore dinghy for the
      Nic. When nested, it will cover the main salon hatch (allowing it to be
      slightly ajar in any sea condition).
      I will keep you all posted.
      dennis-gibbons@...
    • bluepearl@jps.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2002
        Dennis,
        We built one. It does fit as advertised. MAKE SURE YOU DO THE OARLOCK
        EXTENSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is all but impossible to row otherwise! Also
        try to get exactly the plywood Danny says. We got finbirch and it was a
        little too stiff.
        Any questions, ask.

        Denece
        Currently in Mazatlan Mexico

        http://mail2web.com/ .
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2002
          When did you find the time to build it? You two seemed to have a list a
          mile long.
          I had not planned to make the oarlock extensions. Why are they so crucial
          for rowing?
          I am using Okume wood as is recommended.
          dennis-gibbons@...

        • bluepearl@jps.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2002
            Our oarlocks ended up so low you cant get the oars where they need to be to
            use them because you are in your own way no matter what.
            aS FOR OUR LIST....ITS STILL A MILE LONG, BUT WE DONT LET THAT WORRY US.
            tHE ART OF CRUISING is working on your boat in exotic places where the
            supplies are much more difficult to locate!
            Sorry about the caps.....foriegn computer.

            DENECE

            http://mail2web.com/ .