Re: [campernicholson] table attachment

  • Thomas J. Stanton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      Katie and Simon wrote would also love to hear (again?) how the table comes off.
      Mine has 4 slot headed fastenings through its oval 'foot' and into the sole.
      Are these
      bolts or screws, I wonder? If they are bolts, how do I get at the nuts, or
      are those safely captive under the sole? There is scarcely any space
      between the sole bearers and the top of the water tank - not enough room for
      a spanner.

      Stephen --

      I would guess the 35s are like our 40ac. On ours, the four large slotted
      head stainless machine screws pass through the sole and are screwed into a
      aluminum plate that is approximately 12 in x 12 in which is in turn screwed
      into notched out
      wood stingers that cross over the water tank.

      We got into ours because the corrosion/electolysis between the stainless
      screws
      and the aluminum plate had eaten away the threads tapped into the aluminum plate
      and our table rocked quite nicely. We replaced the aluminum plate with a
      stainless plate and had the new plate retapped to match the screws and
      refastened with the help of some anhydrous lanolin. Now the table is rock
      solid.

      Tom Stanton
      Discovery 40ac