Re: [campernicholson] Innere forstay

  • Katie and Simon
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 12, 2002
      Dennis,

      Never having tried it, I can't offer you a better solution. Presumably the
      traveller is too far forward to be of any use. And the little pad-eyes that
      we use for the spinnaker sheet snatch blocks (just ahead of the pushpit) are
      maybe not meaty enough, but might be an option if you wanted to sheet the
      sail up to windward a bit.

      I'm sure you've already exhausted both of these ideas!

      Simon
      Gin Rummy, CN35-202

      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 12, 2002
        Sorry, slip of the pen... the pad-eyes are just ahead of the fairlead on
        the toerail, aren't they!

        Simon

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 12, 2002
          We put in a remove able one. It fit right between the windlass and the
          anchor bollard. Its on a herky pad with a big plate fastened underneath.
          The top goes to a "Gibb tang" that just hooks into a slot cut in the mast
          about 3 feet from the top. It is tensioned with a screw device.
          No runners, no below decks fixtures.
          Denece

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 13, 2002
            Simon,
            Yes I tried both those options and neither works. I may have to set two
            padeyes and use a block and tackle like they did in the days before
            travelers
            dennis-gibbons@...

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 13, 2002
              Simon,

              Luna Azul has an extra halyard sheeve located approx 6" down from the
              top of the mast. The halyward's exit point was mysteriously labelled
              "topping lift", so I had assumed it was intended as the whisker pole
              support, but Jeremy assures me it was a factory-fit option placed in a
              suitable location to hoisting the storm sail as described.

              To be honest, I can't say for sure whether I could winch the wire tight
              enough since I've not tried it out yet. Of course, before I can do that
              I must (re?)install the piston hanks on the jib before it will fit
              anything other than the Harken furler.