Lumax bulbs

  • Thomas J. Stanton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 1997
      Help --
      Our boat has 3 lights (two in galley and one in quarter berth). All
      three have 12v12w Lumax bulbs made in England. I have tried all the
      local marine dealers, Defender and the local English auto parts places.
      None have ever seen or heard of this beast. It has a bayonet base but
      it is probably 50% larger than the usual US bulbs. Anyone know where I
      can get a replacement?
      One of the galley bulbs went out. All look to be quite old.
      Tom Stanton
      s/v Discovery
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 1998
        I had to replace the bulb in the overhead in the main cabin. It was not
        cheap. I'll be back at the boat this weekend and will not the brand for
        you.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 1998
          Try an auto parts store. A dome light bulb may fit. My bulbs read 12V 10W
          Festoon #265 if that helps at all